Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 23rd 2013 new
Thanks, Johnny. I mean what is life if not somewhat funny, eh?
Oct 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Alysse-954305 said: Thanks, Johnny. I mean what is life if not somewhat funny, eh?
Exactly. I threw some humor in my profile. Not that it makes a difference. :LOL: :LOL:
Oct 23rd 2013 new
To be honest, if there is no humor...there is no point =)
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: Is there a down cycle and up cycle on CM? I have often wondered if there are seasons or months that bring in more new members - with special interest in my age group. I haven't been here long enough to know how this works. Clair, can you answer this?
Anne is posting this for Clair 629.

Hello Karen.
Not really.I didn't pay attention to details like that. I meant down cycle in more of a general sense.
If you watch long enough you'II notice when a new crowd of CMers hit the fora.
There was a pretty active and mostly spirited group in here a few years ago.We played Family Fued
monkey v princess; held scavenger hunts,and other games to get people interacting.
When a new crowd hits the mood turns negative and the posts seem to take on a selfish tint.
If they stay long enough God teaches them to be more giving and the mood improves until enough are forced off
of CM because they are no longer single ,or they leave thinking everyone else is rude.They don't seem to let God
teach them about relationships and learn about themselves.Self knowledge is the first step in discernment.
rosary Clair.

Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: Anne is posting this for Clair 629.

Hello Karen.
Not really.I didn't pay attention to details like that. I meant down cycle in more of a general sense.
If you watch long enough you'II notice when a new crowd of CMers hit the fora.
There was a pretty active and mostly spirited group in here a few years ago.We played Family Fued
monkey v princess; held scavenger hunts,and other games to get people interacting.
When a new crowd hits the mood turns negative and the posts seem to take on a selfish tint.
If they stay long enough God teaches them to be more giving and the mood improves until enough are forced off
of CM because they are no longer single ,or they leave thinking everyone else is rude.They don't seem to let God
teach them about relationships and learn about themselves.Self knowledge is the first step in discernment.
Clair.

Love this Clair... clap

Thanks for sharing your experience and perspective... rose
Oct 24th 2013 new
It = hope.
God does not abandon us, we abandon Him. Hope does not abandon us, we abandon it.
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Kristen-878108 said: Where do you get all those extra emoticons? I want to do that duck one sometimes... Well Clair, thanks for ratting me out. I've changed my picture so everyone can see the real me for a few hours - then it's back to my photoshopped version.
: duck : = duck (with no space between)

: clap : = clap

That's all I know... rose
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Carmen-682730 said: It = hope.
God does not abandon us, we abandon Him. Hope does not abandon us, we abandon it.
Thanks for clarifying what should have been obvious to me, yet my narrow vision there had me on a different thought. I thought you might of meant God=it. So, it wasn't adding up for me.
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Debbie-514749 said: : duck : = (with no space between)

: clap : =

That's all I know...
Thanks, Debbie!
Posts 41 - 49 of 49