Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Oct 24th 2013 new
My guess is that a cheap offer will also elicit a cheap response in the long run.
Oct 26th 2013 new
(quote) Lisa-882396 said: I personal look at the answer to that question in particular and regardless of other responses, I am no longer interested in that person if they answer they believe premarital sex is okay. This happens to be a Catholic dating service and I chose it over others because of our Catholic beliefs. I feel if others do not believe in the Cathoilic teachings, I don't understand why they are on a Catholic dating service. What would you be looking for?
Most likely another person who believes that premariyal sex is O.K.. But there are still those who want the virgin for a wife, even though they are not chaste themselves.
Oct 26th 2013 new
(quote) Lisa-882396 said: I personal look at the answer to that question in particular and regardless of other responses, I am no longer interested in that person if they answer they believe premarital sex is okay. This happens to be a Catholic dating service and I chose it over others because of our Catholic beliefs. I feel if others do not believe in the Cathoilic teachings, I don't understand why they are on a Catholic dating service. What would you be looking for?
One thing to keep in mind is that there are more than a few members who answer "No" to the pre-marital sex faith question because they feel to do otherwise would mislead others about their past behavior, not because of their present beliefs. Others because they have reservations about the teaching, but intend to follow it anyway.

Those who argue that such responses are not answering the question as asked are absolutely correct; nonetheless, these are examples of how members DO answer the question in reality. For this reason, my suggestion is to use the "No" answers as a yellow flag to be discussed rather than as a litmus test for disqualification from consideration.

Also keep in mind that it is not uncommon for people to answer "Yes" when they don't accept the teachings, so a 7/7 status is no guarantee of actual adherence to the faith.

Oct 26th 2013 new
(quote) Jean-Pierre-899297 said: Premarital sex has always existed, and has caused nothing but problems. the Truth is, previous generations that waited had better more fulfilling lives and marriages. The reason for that is simple, its because their relationships were built on trust and true love, and not lust and physical urges. The simplest way to stay chaste is by keeping your eye chaste. The eye is the light of the body, and praying on daily basis helps keep anyone straight, and crooked person straighten up. The rosary is one of the best prayers.
Good advice. To which I add avoiding the near temptations to sin, especially when alone with someone you are dating.

Oct 26th 2013 new
(quote) Jean-Pierre-899297 said: ... previous generations that waited had better more fulfilling lives and marriages....
I wonder.... scratchchin
For past generations, marriage was all about property and/or concupiscence.
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Jean-Pierre-899297 said: Premarital sex has always existed, and has caused nothing but problems. the Truth is, previous generations that waited had better more fulfilling lives and marriages. The reason for that is simple, its because their relationships were built on trust and true love, and not lust and physical urges. The simplest way to stay chaste is by keeping your eye chaste. The eye is the light of the body, and praying on daily basis helps keep anyone straight, and crooked person straighten up. The rosary is one of the best prayers.
Great points, Jean Pierre. We humans are sensory and I believe we must guard our eyes, ears, & mouth. Chastity was valued in the U.S., but sadly, that hasn't been the case for several decades ashamed
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I wonder....
For past generations, marriage was all about property and/or concupiscence.
Really, Marge?
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-679620 said: Great points, Jean Pierre. We humans are sensory and I believe we must guard our eyes, ears, & mouth. Chastity was valued in the U.S., but sadly, that hasn't been the case for several decades
If chastity is not valued in the U.S. then why has this thread been posted?
Oct 27th 2013 new
Just because a marriage lasts a long while, doesn't mean it's happy -- or holy.
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: If chastity is not valued in the U.S. then why has this thread been posted?
I can't speak for Joan, but I took her comment about chastity not being valued in the US to be a general statement, not an absolute one (that nobody in the US values chastity).

Would you argue with the assertion that the majority of teenagers and adults in this country do not value chastity? The vast majority?

Posts 21 - 30 of 68