Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Oct 28th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Pre-marital sex is a grave sin. Unrepented, it is a serious impediment to a sacramental marriage. This impediment is grounds for nullity; is it not? It is a sacrilege to attempt sacramental marriage having engaged in pre-marital sex or with other grave sins not absolved. Both must be in a state of grace when approaching the sacrament of matrimony. Is this no longer part of the instruction/preparation?
Noi, pre-marital sex is not grounds for nullity.

Oct 28th 2013 new
(quote) Linda-982758 said: This post is in reaction to a profile I just read that ended with
" Time for adult playtime"
Wow!
I want to be honest. I am affectionate, passionate and very playful with those I love. I honestly would love to say "No" to the pre -marital sex question but in my heart I know it is not right. It has been my experience that if you believe in the theology of the body of Pope John Paul II you will understand the beauty and freedom of completely and soulfully giving of yourself to another in a committed relationship. Catholic men and women know that God allows total freedom with the one you love is the ultimate gift of joy to each other. It's beauty is such a deep connection. Why would you want any other?
Hi Linda,

I'm James, the guy who causes violence in mayhem in STM. Nice to meet you.

Okay, that's enough small talk.

Did you ask this guy what he meant by "adult playtime"? His definition of that expression may have been significantly different than the one you thought it to be.

For me, "adult playtime" is a nice game of chess, or anything short of Global Thermonuclear War. Ask him and see what he says. If he's a sleaze, then move in. If he's a gentleman, investigate further

James ☺
Oct 28th 2013 new
He may not have meant "adult playtime" in the way you interpreted it.
Oct 28th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: That is how the question should be answered. It is presented as such. Past transgressions aside; when we have made amends and have been absolved of past sins, we are with a clean slate. If sufficient time and proper effort is put forth to demonstrate that the past is not a problem in the present or a threat for the future, then one can go forward with confidence.
Yup. The way I see it. We were all young, imature, and stupid a long time ago.
Oct 28th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Dave, you may be onto something there. How hard is it to provide a drop down box that lets one explain one's answer on those survey questions, for example?
John,,

i can't answer that question.. but i have to believe..sometimes when too much (of any) information is presented it's not a good thing. There's so much we don't know when we meet a stranger F2F, that maybe if they pique our interest we delve further.
The alternative could be one or two sentences in a profile that say.. "please ask re. my answers to the 7/7 questions". scratchchin
Oct 28th 2013 new
Thanks for doing this post:) I am here to date marry and then have a lots of sex LOL with my husband of course. Its not easy after being married 18yrs having sex regularly and then nothing..........but I have learned Gods way is always more amazing than we could ever have imagined.. Waiting for your husband also prepares you for future temptations during your marriage it teaches you to die to self for another and that's not a bad thing.
Oct 28th 2013 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: We all have a past and I understand it. It just seems to me that if one NOW accepts the teaching, it would be a "yes", regardless of the past. Just my opinion.
Agreed.
Oct 28th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-1020754 said: Thanks for doing this post:) I am here to date marry and then have a lots of sex LOL with my husband of course. Its not easy after being married 18yrs having sex regularly and then nothing..........but I have learned Gods way is always more amazing than we could ever have imagined.. Waiting for your husband also prepares you for future temptations during your marriage it teaches you to die to self for another and that's not a bad thing.
I see you are still new to the forum. Welcome Elizabeth.
Oct 28th 2013 new
Thanks Elizabeth never thought I would be on a catholic dating site. My ex was not faithful and I learned a lot of tough lessons from that. Life iis not easy that's why faith is so important.
Oct 28th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Noi, pre-marital sex is not grounds for nullity.
Jerry, please explain. How is the sacrament of matrimony to take hold if entered into with grave sin and the sin never absolved?
Posts 41 - 50 of 68