Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Oct 25th 2013 new
(quote) David-364112 said:
Sounds par for the course. This sort of thing is very dated. It's redolent of the era of confusion immediately following the close of the Second Vatican Council. Many of the people who fell for this are/were well-intentioned, but they went way too far off the path. Our pastor used to say that "novelty is the vice of the clergy". All we can do is pray. Thankfully, this sort of thing is rapidly fading into the past. We have weathered the worst of the storm. peter's boat will never sink.
Yeah, the 60s ruined many decent priests. Thousands left to get married.
Nov 6th 2013 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: Yeah, the 60s ruined many decent priests. Thousands left to get married.
They all fell for the lies about how they were going to be "free" via drugs and sexual promiscuity. Instead, they became TOTAL mind slaves.
Nov 7th 2013 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: They all fell for the lies about how they were going to be "free" via drugs and sexual promiscuity. Instead, they became TOTAL mind slaves.

Be grateful, but also compassionate. There but for the grace of God go you or I.
Nov 10th 2013 new
Be grateful, but also compassionate. There but for the grace of God go you or I.
www.youtube.com
Nov 11th 2013 new
I feel sorry and pray for anyone who has fallen into this. This is why the current trend of rationalizing sin is really a road to Hell.
Nov 27th 2013 new
(quote) Michelle-860764 said: I am trying to get some information on the teachings of Father Richard Rohr. Does anyone have any concerns or comments about his work? Thank you.
I would pay to see a dialogue/debate between Fr. Rohr and Fr. Barron or someone like Dr. Scott Hahn.

If Theology was golf, Rohr does hit some unique shots that make his work a worthy provocateur, but he spends much of his time off the fairway waist deep in the woods and sand pits. laughing It's amusing, sad and embarrassing to watch those who follow his "game" out here in Arizona! What disturbs me most about his game is less what he says, but what he doesn't say. One would never know that Eucharist, Rosary, the Sacrament of Reconciliation, evangelization, 10 Commandments, sin, and Catechism even exist if you follow him. Somehow, things like the dubious Sufi Eeneagram and Liberation Theology are much more important. He is warring inside himself over a past and now illusionary strict German Catholic upbringing. Many of the parishioners in my parish are carrying on similar imaginary dialogues with imaginary interlocutors. Hopefully, Catholic priests who go around finding 'Fool's Gold' in other traditions backyard while ignoring the Fort Knox of Catholic Gold in their own backyard are on their way out.

I definitely would not recommend his work to any beginning student in Theology and only for New Evangelization and apologetic purposes for advanced students.
Posts 11 - 16 of 16