Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Feb 23rd 2014 new
Hi. Prayers for all. My annulment process was to be 8 months and it turned in to 15 months due to other jobs the judges had to take on. I am actually grateful now though for this time.

I heard a quote that really struck me: "God's will be done, not God's blessing for MY will." Our pastor started a sermon with a similar one: "God's will be done, not God's will be changed."

It is painful, none of ever thought we would be here and we tried to do things right. I have realized though that I can't 'buy' successful outcomes with good actions. Life isn't a chess game that, if we learn the right moves, we will win. For analytical souls such as myself, this is difficult to absorb. So, back to trust in God and His will. (Maybe someday I will truly achieve trust in HIm.) If not in this life, in the next, we shall see the good that came from the bad experiences.

Feb 23rd 2014 new
The annulment process can be long, as it usually passes through two settings, tribunals, as it did in my case in the Diocese of Orlando.

My aunnnlument was at a standstill, while others from my parish were having there annulments granted as they were getting married. When it got to the year and half mark, the priest at my local parish, along with my help, wrote to the tribunal to expediate my annulment as is was obvious numerous annluments were being processed because the couples were going to get married.

I suggest that my annulment should be expedited as I was not getting married, but because I want to "put" things right" seeking the annulment.

If you are still having trouble, as I see your post was in October, you could have the priest that is helping you at the local level if inquire if additional information is needed and you are awaiting the outcome of the annulment.

I don't know if this helps, but I wish you luck.

Also, I was able to read the witness statements for my annnlment, and it helped me understand what happened, and confirm what happened, also a healing part of my marriage that ended.

Jannet
Feb 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Jannet-1063118 said: The annulment process can be long, as it usually passes through two settings, tribunals, as it did in my case in the Diocese of Orlando.

My aunnnlument was at a standstill, while others from my parish were having there annulments granted as they were getting married. When it got to the year and half mark, the priest at my local parish, along with my help, wrote to the tribunal to expediate my annulment as is was obvious numerous annluments were being processed because the couples were going to get married.

I suggest that my annulment should be expedited as I was not getting married, but because I want to "put" things right" seeking the annulment.

If you are still having trouble, as I see your post was in October, you could have the priest that is helping you at the local level if inquire if additional information is needed and you are awaiting the outcome of the annulment.

I don't know if this helps, but I wish you luck.

Also, I was able to read the witness statements for my annnlment, and it helped me understand what happened, and confirm what happened, also a healing part of my marriage that ended.

Jannet
fact is there lot of variables unfortunately unacceptable. as i said in many of my posts marriages should be harder and annulments easier . hopefully Pope Francis will truly follow in the foot steps of Vatican Two .
Feb 24th 2014 new
My annullment took three years. It was in the early nineties. I did it for theological reasons not so I could date etc. I had eight little kids to raise and this took all my time what with working full time as a real estate agent to pay for everything. Because my reasons where different to most folks I did nt take notice of the time.fI hope that those going through this process will place themselves in the hands of God Our Father. Easier said than done.
Prayers for all those who are suffering through the process. Good wishes.

God Bless
Feb 24th 2014 new
(quote) Claire-247015 said: My annullment took three years. It was in the early nineties. I did it for theological reasons not so I could date etc. I had eight little kids to raise and this took all my time what with working full time as a real estate agent to pay for everything. Because my reasons where different to most folks I did nt take notice of the time.fI hope that those going through this process will place themselves in the hands of God Our Father. Easier said than done.
Prayers for all those who are suffering through the process. Good wishes.

God Bless
I never heard of getting an annulment for theological reasons. Would you be able to explain how that works?
Mar 31st 2014 new
Well, my judge has told me that the annulment will be granted! The decision has been sent to a second tribunal in our neighboring diocese for confirmation prior to handing down a decree of nullity, but she said that it will be granted! I'm not surprised, everyone from the canonical lawyer (sister) I hired, to my Deacon, and finally the judge has told me it was a very strong case.

I'm so relieved... Not so much so I can hurry and date - I have been on my own since our break up in 2009 - because I'm still very gun shy to get "out there."

If I ever meet a man I intend to date, I will do it the right way this time around. Someone with a strong love for God, and the Church. Someone to lead the family, and who has their eyes fixed on heaven.

I heard the other day, and totally agree, that: "A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her."
Mar 31st 2014 new
(quote) Lissa-956941 said: Well, my judge has told me that the annulment will be granted! The decision has been sent to a second tribunal in our neighboring diocese for confirmation prior to handing down a decree of nullity, but she said that it will be granted! I'm not surprised, everyone from the canonical lawyer (sister) I hired, to my Deacon, and finally the judge has told me it was a very strong case.

I'm so relieved... Not so much so I can hurry and date - I have been on my own since our break up in 2009 - because I'm still very gun shy to get "out there."

If I ever meet a man I intend to date, I will do it the right way this time around. Someone with a strong love for God, and the Church. Someone to lead the family, and who has their eyes fixed on heaven.

I heard the other day, and totally agree, that: "A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her."
That's a beautiful quote Lissa...
Mar 31st 2014 new
(quote) Lissa-956941 said: If I ever meet a man I intend to date, I will do it the right way this time around. Someone with a strong love for God, and the Church. Someone to lead the family, and who has their eyes fixed on heaven.

I know the process has been painful for you,
but you've drawn an excellent conclusion! thumbsup
Apr 4th 2014 new
(quote) Lissa-956941 said: Well, my judge has told me that the annulment will be granted! The decision has been sent to a second tribunal in our neighboring diocese for confirmation prior to handing down a decree of nullity, but she said that it will be granted! I'm not surprised, everyone from the canonical lawyer (sister) I hired, to my Deacon, and finally the judge has told me it was a very strong case.

Congratulations! Praying wave Dove
Apr 10th 2014 new
Mine took 3.5 years. I was in no hurry. I was not interested 20 years ago in getting married again at that time as I had a heap of kids to raise. I can hardly believe the Priest who interviewed me said he "hoped I had loosened up a bit since the marriage took place" This in response to me telling him I was a virgin at the time of the wedding. WOW It was shocking response. I answered"you guys made the rules"
Posts 31 - 40 of 50