Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 28th 2013 new
In my uneducated opinion, this theology of woman nonsense is just that - nonsense. Mary was chosen to be the Mother of God. How elevated is that! While men and women are different physically, mentally and emotionally and each has abilities the other gender lacks. However, the fact remains clear that a woman was chosen to be the Mother of God. By extension, we are very special to God. It is simple and needs no study.

I mean no disrespect to those who choose to make this simple fact complicated.
Oct 29th 2013 new
Thank you
Oct 29th 2013 new
www.ewtn.com
Oct 29th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: In my uneducated opinion, this theology of woman nonsense is just that - nonsense. Mary was chosen to be the Mother of God. How elevated is that! While men and women are different physically, mentally and emotionally and each has abilities the other gender lacks. However, the fact remains clear that a woman was chosen to be the Mother of God. By extension, we are very special to God. It is simple and needs no study.

I mean no disrespect to those who choose to make this simple fact complicated.
Good Morning, Karen! hug

You sound like Mother Teresa who said something like, "Mary is the mother of Jesus; without her He wouldnt have been born. No Mary, no Jesus.

My mother passed away this year. The tears in my shy siblings eyes spoke profoundly enough, "No Mom. No more loving wisdom on earth for her children and grandchildren."

I gave the eulogy. I suppose I could have given a four word eulogy, "No mom. No me" and sat down. When I see feminine greatness whether it is Mary, womanhood, in wives, sisters, or moms, I cannot stop singing praises!

When I love someone I want to know, cherish, and praise every single precious detail about them....especially in the light of God.

Its not complicated. It's called Love.
theheart

Oct 29th 2013 new
(quote) David-174079 said: My mother passed away this year. The tears in my shy siblings eyes spoke profoundly enough, "No Mom. No more loving wisdom on earth for her children and grandchildren."

I gave the eulogy. I suppose I could have given a four word eulogy, "No mom. No me" and sat down. When I see feminine greatness whether it is Mary, womanhood, in wives, sisters, or moms, I cannot stop singing praises!

When I love someone I want to know, cherish, and praise every single precious detail about them....especially in the light of God.

David,

You have my sympathies on the passing of your dear mother this past year.

I agree...no mom...no me.

Today, Oct. 29, is the 9th anniversary of my mother's death resulting from an accident at home. It was totally unexpected and traumatic, as my 18 year old daughter and I found her. When I lost mom, I lost my compass and my best friend.

As we waited for the sheriff and funeral director to arrive, my pastor, who had arrived shortly after we found her, said something very un-pastoral to me. "Tracy, why are you crying like that? I thought you had more faith!"

I stopped and looked at him and replied, "Fr., I just lost the woman who was everything to me, my mom. Even Jesus cried when His friend Lazarus died and I'm sure He cried when St. Joseph died. Just because I'm crying doesn't mean I don't have faith. I'm crying BECAUSE of my faith, crying out of happiness for her hard journey is almost over and out of sadness for me because I'm going to miss her terribly!"

You were right on target when you said, "When I love someone I want to know, cherish, and praise every single precious detail about them..." This goes for human love as well as for heavenly love.

Oct 29th 2013 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said:

David,

You have my sympathies on the passing of your dear mother this past year.

I agree...no mom...no me.

Today, Oct. 29, is the 9th anniversary of my mother's death resulting from an accident at home. It was totally unexpected and traumatic, as my 18 year old daughter and I found her. When I lost mom, I lost my compass and my best friend.

As we waited for the sheriff and funeral director to arrive, my pastor, who had arrived shortly after we found her, said something very un-pastoral to me. "Tracy, why are you crying like that? I thought you had more faith!"

I stopped and looked at him and replied, "Fr., I just lost the woman who was everything to me, my mom. Even Jesus cried when His friend Lazarus died and I'm sure He cried when St. Joseph died. Just because I'm crying doesn't mean I don't have faith. I'm crying BECAUSE of my faith, crying out of happiness for her hard journey is almost over and out of sadness for me because I'm going to miss her terribly!"

You were right on target when you said, "When I love someone I want to know, cherish, and praise every single precious detail about them..." This goes for human love as well as for heavenly love.

Tracy I can certainly relate and sympathize with you. When I lost my Mom (will be 8 years Dec 20) I can remember sitting down in the living room of our home watching t.v. but not really watching it because I broke down. This was about 2 weeks after my Mom passed away. I can remember my ex-wife stating, "Why are you crying now?"
I said, "J" you don't get over your Mom dying in 14 days"
Oct 29th 2013 new
(quote) David-174079 said: Good Morning, Karen!

You sound like Mother Teresa who said something like, "Mary is the mother of Jesus; without her He wouldnt have been born. No Mary, no Jesus.

My mother passed away this year. The tears in my shy siblings eyes spoke profoundly enough, "No Mom. No more loving wisdom on earth for her children and grandchildren."

GBU David

my mom died last year 1 march.

..............it was simple and it was all about love.
Oct 29th 2013 new
Hi Tracy,

October 29th? Wow. We can wake up to our loved one's death days, their Eternal birth day, with their memories emblazoned on our heart.... Both sadness and gratitude come flowing uncontrollably in.

I hope my post found you well recovered and comforted. Who knows what timing is behind Forum posts and ill-timed remarks? I would would worry and pray for your pastor. One of the priests I know received the gift of tears after not crying for 30 years. After that, the joy in his homilies was contagious. Our culture which discourages especially men from crying, the grave weight and overwhelming demands of the priestly ministry, a reserved temperament mixed with an overly aloof piety can make for some souls seriously emotionally out of touch with humanity. The sheer senseless suffering of a mother, friend or even a puppy is a sorrowful mystery that should elicit comforting, not reproach.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted! Thank you for your comforting words... rose hug theheart
Oct 29th 2013 new
I wish we had more Catherine 's of Sienna strong faithful women who even Popes counseled.
Oct 29th 2013 new
oops "consulted"
Posts 21 - 30 of 105