Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Nov 11 new
Thomas A Kempis, The Imitation of Christ
Nov 12 new
What helps me best when I am feeling down is to get busy. By busy, I mean ANYTHING...literally...this is when I do my best cleaning. biggrin

When feeling down, it is so easy to get in a rut of negative thinking. Negative thinking,in my experience, typically just leads to more negative thinking and next thing you know...you spiral into depression.

It helps me to stay in check with myself. I like myself more when I am my normal, happy, upbeat self. Too much sadness and I just say ok enough is enough...get up, get moving and busy and in time it fades. It took me many years to gain the ability to flip this switch. I have been through some very difficult patches in my life, but it is what I make of it. God granted me this great life and I am going to have a go the best I can and try my best to enjoy the ride!

I pray that you are able to see your worth and focus on yourself in the meantime. I know it is hard to see couples and think why not me, I want that too. In time, God does give us what we really need.

God bless you, keep your head up, read some funny jokes, watch a funny movie, laughter is contagious...even to yourself.
Nov 12 new
(quote) Katie-985000 said: What helps me best when I am feeling down is to get busy. By busy, I mean ANYTHING...literally...this is when I do my best cleaning.

When feeling down, it is so easy to get in a rut of negative thinking. Negative thinking,in my experience, typically just leads to more negative thinking and next thing you know...you spiral into depression.

It helps me to stay in check with myself. I like myself more when I am my normal, happy, upbeat self. Too much sadness and I just say ok enough is enough...get up, get moving and busy and in time it fades. It took me many years to gain the ability to flip this switch. I have been through some very difficult patches in my life, but it is what I make of it. God granted me this great life and I am going to have a go the best I can and try my best to enjoy the ride!

I pray that you are able to see your worth and focus on yourself in the meantime. I know it is hard to see couples and think why not me, I want that too. In time, God does give us what we really need.

God bless you, keep your head up, read some funny jokes, watch a funny movie, laughter is contagious...even to yourself.
Thanks for the good thoughts and ideas ... I guess for me now the fact that most of my life has passed without ever realizing certain things happening is very daunting ... All the things I had hoped for when was I was younger, that I always thought would happen in time just did not ... The remaining time here doesn't look too rosy, that's for sure .. But, thank you & GBU ...

Nov 12 new
Richard - I have hope and faith in you hug rose rose rose
Nov 13 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Thanks for the good thoughts and ideas ... I guess for me now the fact that most of my life has passed without ever realizing certain things happening is very daunting ... All the things I had hoped for when was I was younger, that I always thought would happen in time just did not ... The remaining time here doesn't look too rosy, that's for sure .. But, thank you & GBU ...

Richard.... Praying hug your heart is restless...i was reading one of the institute blogs, "Over 40, Never Married, Can He Commit?," reading it was more than that it was, hope you find the time for discerning and prayer Richard...life can be a basket full of flowers ... do care about you, there is plenty of time, if we choose to make the most of it,the past is the past you cann't change it, but the future is waiting for you to make a difference not only in your life but someone special... things can be daunting in many circumstances but it is how we view and contribute that can be such a wonderful opportunity/gift...i thank Blessed Virgin Mary and God for everything good/bad opportunities given/taken but most of all the blessing and intercession that came my way daily .... Praying hug theheart rosary rose rose rose
Nov 13 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: Richard.... your is restless...i was reading one of the institute blogs, "Over 40, Never Married, Can He Commit?," reading it was more than that it was, hope you find the time for discerning and prayer Richard...life can be a basket full of flowers ... do care about you, there is plenty of time, if we choose to make the most of it,the past is the past you cann't change it, but the future is waiting for you to make a difference not only in your life but someone special... things can be daunting in many circumstances but it is how we view and contribute that can be such a wonderful opportunity/gift...i thank Blessed Virgin Mary and God for everything good/bad opportunities given/taken but most of all the blessing and intercession that came my way daily ....
Hi Genie ... Thanks for the encouragement ... Guess I just don't have enough faith, or am just not good at this thing called life ... It is a lot different being 35 and single than being in your late 50s and single ... so many stages in life have passed and are gone forever ... It's just not the same world that it was .. I guess some people are just "winners" in this world and some people, well, they are not ...
Nov 14 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Hi Genie ... Thanks for the encouragement ... Guess I just don't have enough faith, or am just not good at this thing called life ... It is a lot different being 35 and single than being in your late 50s and single ... so many stages in life have passed and are gone forever ... It's just not the same world that it was .. I guess some people are just "winners" in this world and some people, well, they are not ...
Richard ... this is start...your guessing what is partly missing...tapping into your beautiful heart...and it will blossom if you allow it...something more wonderful than you will imagine...it will not be overnight...each passing days is only the past but its the future that waiting with open arms just for you...

No second guess about winners. Richard, for you will be counted as one among the many winners ... it will not be fanfare or applause...but it will because your gentle and simple ... is there anyone that is good at this thing called life let me know, rest assure, that i have yet to meet or read of anyone who has experience this thing called life and have gain a greater understanding of this complex world. I do not even want to tackle that part - complex world, it constantly evolved, so i made a choice by just living life the fullest with what is given to me everyday.

Wishing and may you have many blessing from our loving and gentle mother, Blessed Virgin Mary and God ...
God is awesome in love and his creation..you are soo blessed Richard everyday hug Praying
Nov 26 new

Life is full of irony

With the holiday season just about here, one finds it so ironic that the very days that once were met with such anticipation and joy now loom as days of dread .. Who could have envisioned that sea change lo so many years ago? Empty spots at todays table once were occupied by loved ones, beloved family members now long gone The family that gathered round the holiday table, which actually was a real-life personification of the idealized images so often portrayed in the media, that family no more The home-cooked meal, the carrots and potatoes and lasagna and wine and cakes and of course, certainly of course, the turkey, juicy and crisp and yet tender, memories of observances past, never to again be Who could have known that the long-ago hopes of someday assembling a new nuclear family of ones own turned out to be hopes never realized .. Yes, how did it happen that these days of wonder and excitement and exhilaration now evoke just the opposite emotions?

Sad, indeed, and so very ironic

Nov 26 new
hug Praying rose rose rose
Dec 02 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Thanks for the good thoughts and ideas ... I guess for me now the fact that most of my life has passed without ever realizing certain things happening is very daunting ... All the things I had hoped for when was I was younger, that I always thought would happen in time just did not ... The remaining time here doesn't look too rosy, that's for sure .. But, thank you & GBU ...

I can certainly relate to wanting things in your life...just that haven't materialized.....and yet what helped me foryears is to know...all that really matters in life ultimately, is that we become saints...tht we strive to do the will of God in eAch moment. No matter why happens or does not happen, we can do that....and this brings us great joy and freedom from all life's wants and constraints. Embrace the Faith, and become a saint....in this will your life have meaning and joy...I this will your life as father Leo states....become a great symphony.

here is a quote for inspiration.......

st faustinia said......" Oh my Jesus how very easy it is to become Holy; all that is needed is but a bit of good will. If Jesus sees this little bit of good will in the soul, He hurries to give Himself to the soul and nothing can stop Him, neither shortcomings, nor falls, absolutely nothing. Jesus is anxious to help that soul, and if it is faithful to that Grace from God, it can very soon attain the highest holiness possible for a creature here on earth. God is very generous and does not deny his Grace to anyone. Indeed He gives more then what we ask of Him. Faithfulness to the inspirations of the Holy Spirit - that is the shortest route"

i will ill add is that not exactly what Mary the mother of God did and modeled.....herein I think we can see torus tutus proclaimed. ....wherein Mary, aids us to do as she did so very very well. God help me for the times I failed to perhaps respond perfectly to e inspirations of the Holy Spirit......
Posts 111 - 120 of 176