Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Dec 31st 2013 new
(quote) Timothy-421869 said: I don't think your a misfit. You have ups and downs. And when a down hits it could be for no ryhme or reason. And the when the downs hit, they are terrible. They tend to amplify certain frustrations or things you perceive as shortcomings or failures about yourself. I'm guessing the later it gets in life, the worse the pain. Want to feel better? Go do something for someone right now. Something nice. It could be anything, even forcing yourself to just say Hi to someone and let them know you were thinking about them. Your not doing it for them, your doing it for yourself. When they react well to your kindness and express appreciation, you will start to feel better. Your body will actually release endorphins. You will feel better because the reaction they have to your kindness will make you feel valued and needed. You'll feel self worth. It can help fight your depression, and its a good way to help combat you perception of failure, because you will experience a small success in that moment. Seriously anyone. Its not for them, its for you. Btw if you throw in a joke and make them laugh, it makes it even better.

This prescription has helped me tremendously in overcoming depression. The downs still come but now I can manage them much better, and they don't seem so overwhelming. I have a condition and I'm not in denial about it. Now its not so scary, and people actually think i'm kind of funny. I hope this can help. Good Luck man
very warm welcome Timothy to the fora smile wave
Dec 31st 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Hi Cindy ...No those are all separate things that happened to me this yr .. I had dental surgery on my gums but it hasn't turned out well,,,, then 2 weeks ago I fell going down the stairs to my basement and took a bad fall ... so, it's just a recap of all the junk that has happened ..
Oh Richard, sometimes terrible things happen but in the end things will come up sooo much beautiful and it will... keeping you in my prayers for a new year for you and many others hug Praying theheart rose rose rose
Jan 1st 2014 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said:

Thank you Kathy ... Although I do pray a lot, I must say I haven't done the rosary much ... Might be a good way to go ....

GBU .... Richard

Hi Richard,

The Rosary is an excellent starting point.

But beyond that, there was an old song line that you are " the Crown of Creation ". God has surrounded you with a vibrant universe of awesome wonder and love. So many here have reached achingly out to you from their own experience. Your experience of, and relationship with, God is unique. We each carry our own cross. Sometimes God sends us certain feelings to remind us to be more aware that others have them too. Part of being given emotions means understanding that they are one tool or aspect of being human. The big question is how to open our " lenses ", " doors ", hearts to what God provides. We do have free will each moment. Love is action. One step to perception change is to ask others " How can I help you ? " Create your own outgoing act of love. It could be simply looking at the fiery celestial heart of a sego lily, a sunrise, a snowy park, then thanking God for His glory. Love is transactional, so love will return. One step at a time, opening will reward. Each action builds Faith, and moves the focus slowly outward.

I don't have a " tool kit " to hand over, but others have made excellent suggestions. I will simply Praying Praying .

Wishing you copious Grace and peace in the new year.
Jan 1st 2014 new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Richard,

The Rosary is an excellent starting point.

But beyond that, there was an old song line that you are " the Crown of Creation ". God has surrounded you with a vibrant universe of awesome wonder and love. So many here have reached achingly out to you from their own experience. Your experience of, and relationship with, God is unique. We each carry our own cross. Sometimes God sends us certain feelings to remind us to be more aware that others have them too. Part of being given emotions means understanding that they are one tool or aspect of being human. The big question is how to open our " lenses ", " doors ", hearts to what God provides. We do have free will each moment. Love is action. One step to perception change is to ask others " How can I help you ? " Create your own outgoing act of love. It could be simply looking at the fiery celestial heart of a sego lily, a sunrise, a snowy park, then thanking God for His glory. Love is transactional, so love will return. One step at a time, opening will reward. Each action builds Faith, and moves the focus slowly outward.

I don't have a " tool kit " to hand over, but others have made excellent suggestions. I will simply .

Wishing you copious Grace and peace in the new year.
Jefferson Airplane--great tune
Jan 1st 2014 new
(quote) Tom-112790 said: Jefferson Airplane--great tune
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Jan 1st 2014 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Hi Cindy ...No those are all separate things that happened to me this yr .. I had dental surgery on my gums but it hasn't turned out well,,,, then 2 weeks ago I fell going down the stairs to my basement and took a bad fall ... so, it's just a recap of all the junk that has happened ..
hug Richard thank for sharing, that the fall did not cause severe bodily injury ... do hope you will be receiving proper medical care for both the surgery and fall (i.e. pt, aware of after effect of a concussion, etc) hug Praying theheart rosary rose rose rose ....

thank God that it did resulted in a cast which i will and cannot ever forget the pain and suffering my hospital roommate endured and whom the nurses probably would not like to be around .... from her and many i learned to be compassion and love .... from both sides of the aisle .... hug Praying :theheart: :rosary: :rose: :rose: :rose:
Posts 171 - 176 of 176