Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 25th 2013 new
Try doing something creative. Write an essay on a topic that's important to you. Build something. Download a karaoke track and sing to it and save the recording. Pull weeds from the garden. Draw a picture. Start learning a foreign language. And get away from technology! It's depressing and discouraging and sucks the life from people who use it.
Oct 25th 2013 new
yes, it is Richard! Think of the moments in your life when you have felt like this. Then think of the wonderful things that happened after that, the people you have met, the presents & blessings you have got, the unique moments and experiences you and your family has gone through, the moments shared... There will be great things.

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged" (Deuteronomy 31:8).

The Lord is with you. Maybe Holding in your hands a little Cross or a Rosary gives you comfort.

Take a nap / go to sleep. You get a Gold Star! Tomorrow will be another day! Full of blessings! theheart

Oct 25th 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: I had a bit of a lousy week and must admit to feeling down about life in general tonite ,,, Is it really worth it? ,,,, If you have some suggestions as to how to get out of a mental funk, please post ... Thanks ...
i wish I could suggest something uplifting ... why did you have a lousy week and feeling down !!! weeping ... wish i could thrown somethings your way since i have hardly time to get a breather... sometimes i use those time to think about all the good things that came my way and how grateful I am for all God's gift - opportunities, everyone in my life, and all the task/challenges coming my way, even bad things which always turn good eventually ... but to me life is so precious and seeing all the wonderful things and making a difference to one another even those whom we do not get along, lifts someone spirits, i am so grateful to God in any capacity that i can contribue ... would invite you to come to ladies homemade/store bought bake sale not that we need all that sugar wink but that makes many parishioners happy... CM has kept me grounded and spoiled smile if i feel like i'm in the dumps... my heart ache to hear you or anyone in here not in good situation, do not give up ... hoping things will get better or turn around for you or anyone in the same situation as you ... apologize for this being a mouthful and maybe not helpful... Praying hug theheart rosary rose rose rose
Oct 25th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

Richard, what made your week lousy?
I guess just the feeling of being disconnected from the rest of the world, from people ... It seems like everyone is going right and I'm going left ... hard to understand how we are all of the human species, yet no one seems to identify with what you have to say, with what you feel ... Can a person be that much of a misfit??? ,,,
Oct 25th 2013 new
One more suggestion-- listen to some upbeat, bouncy music, such as Souza's Liberty Bell March, or Bert Kaempfert's "That Happy Feeling." Do not listen to Bobby Goldsboro singing "Honey" under any circumstances!
Oct 25th 2013 new
Praying rosary theheart Richard
I know this sounds trite but we have all felt that way at one time or another. Sometimes it is helpful to just lay down, pray to Jesus and tell him how lousy you feel and sleep. I have found that a gratitude journal is one of the most helpful tools for me to see all of the blessings I have. You could think of maybe five things tonight that you are thankful for and maybe tomorrow start another list and then go out and do something for some one else even if it only is a smile. If this situation lingers it may be time to talk to a professional or trusted priest to get a second objective opinion. Jesus Loves You and We care about you!
Oct 25th 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: I had a bit of a lousy week and must admit to feeling down about life in general tonite ,,, Is it really worth it? ,,,, If you have some suggestions as to how to get out of a mental funk, please post ... Thanks ...
try. http://www.meetup.com
Oct 25th 2013 new
What is making you feel like such a misfit? We all feel disconnected from the rest of the world sometimes - and especially us singles. I took the liberty of looking at your profile and you do appear normal to me. (We are even alumni from the same university.) Did something particular happen recently that made you feel so alone?
Oct 25th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: What is making you feel like such a misfit? We all feel disconnected from the rest of the world sometimes - and especially us singles. I took the liberty of looking at your profile and you do appear normal to me. (We are even alumni from the same university.) Did something particular happen recently that made you feel so alone?
No,nothing especially lately ... It's an ongoing thing, just feeling that I have no place in the world, that I do not belong anywhere ...
Oct 25th 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: I guess just the feeling of being disconnected from the rest of the world, from people ... It seems like everyone is going right and I'm going left ... hard to understand how we are all of the human species, yet no one seems to identify with what you have to say, with what you feel ... Can a person be that much of a misfit??? ,,,
no one can be more of a misfit than me besides its individual perception anyhow .... for instance i have people take a # chasing me w/frying pan or is it a baseball bat... what do you mean no one eems to identify what you have to say... we are listening to what you are saying and hope we are making a tiny bit of difference at least for the moment... smile... my spiritual priest advises me to put my head upside and see the world that way .... so here i am smile love my spiritual priest...
Posts 21 - 30 of 176