Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 25th 2013 new
No suggestions..... just a hug and Praying
Oct 25th 2013 new
When this happens to me...and none of the already mentioned things work, I must make haste and NOT wast a single more second of my suffering and unIte my little bit of suffering to our Blessed Lord's Holy Cross.

it takes work and practice to do this. If you need more help with HOW to do it let me know, as it did take me a long time to learn it, but now know that I MUST do it as it is it is a gift from God to suffer in this way .... And is truly redemptive. theheart

God bless you,
Paula rose
Oct 25th 2013 new
Hello Richard!!! well your post made me think of all the nights and long period of time, spirituals droughts that Mother Theresa went through. You are not the only one! We just knew at the end of her life of all the trials and tribulations she went through! It means that all of us can feel at some times this. & What really impressed me is how faithful she continued being faithful to God, loving Him, serving Him. This is an inspiring fact. A real life, close in time that encourages me to do the same.

God promises:

"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him." (James 1:12)

I think after a low point then we can appreciate everything more. Hope is a big thing for Catholics.

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.(Romans 12:12)

Also, the good thing is that it is Friday! At the end of the week many things pile up faint . So I hope you find the time to rest tons this weekend.

May Mary have you in her arms tonight! cookie cookie cookie hug rosary theheart Praying

Oct 25th 2013 new
Richard, (My older brother's name by the way.) Please feel important because I am attending to you rather than to the hours of electronic notes that I am behind in my work life. As a disclaimer, I am not as a devout Catholic as most on this site appear to be, but it does sound like you are struggling with some existential issues. Let me know if you would like to chat privately.
Oct 25th 2013 new
Richard I am sorry reading your dilemna sometimes we can spell it out our feeling/emotions ... what is happening... your work...friends... family... hope you meet someone wonderful for you are a special/wonderful person with a good heart .... i know you have much going for you ... you have wonderful parents, siblings, parishioners, and great personality .... trust in God he will make all things anew for you give him time, God is fully aware of what you are going through and watches your decision/action...saying you have to be in darkness to see/receive the light.. it is good that you share this with us we are a family after all, pray as one, a shoulder for one another in good/bad times to lean on... Praying hug theheart rosary rose rose rose
Oct 25th 2013 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: Richard I am sorry reading your dilemna sometimes we can spell it out our feeling/emotions ... what is happening... your work...friends... family... hope you meet someone wonderful for you are a special/wonderful person with a good .... i know you have much going for you ... you have wonderful parents, siblings, parishioners, and great personality .... trust in God he will make all things anew for you give him time, God is fully aware of what you are going through and watches your decision/action...saying you have to be in darkness to see/receive the light.. it is good that you share this with us we are a family after all, pray as one, a shoulder for one another in good/bad times to lean on...
Actually, Genie, not much of all that applies to me ... I had wonderful parents but they passed away many years ago ... I have one older brother but he doesn't live that close by and we are very different in personality ...So, not much family left now ...
Oct 26th 2013 new
So sorry to hear Richard... my heart ache since i am helpless to fill the void in your heart.. the only thing i can do will light a candle for you ... take care of yourself... God has great plans for you ... i have seen God do wonderful things to so many and know he will do the same for you....what a beautiful/breath taking church....

Share this... one of my parishioners whom i deeply care for was claimed dead four times... and the doctors as well as our priest comforted his wife saying that he is gone... my deacon was saying the rosary, when he was ready to say the third decade he woke up and greeted the deacon who was shocked... God and the Blessed Mother in their wisdom gave my friend a new life...he is now hanging on the wall of the ambulance office with the paramedics who saved him... he has many relics of the saints that he brings when he does adoration...when i see him he lights so many around him and my life...if you ever come to boston let me know and will intro him to you...and take you to parish fav restaurant in the north end.... Praying hug theheart rosary rose rose rose
Oct 26th 2013 new
Hi Richard--sorry you feel this way---Say Yes even if it seems everything points to the answer no--unite to the Cross and you will know the Resurrection in your life----give-surrender all and let God be God-the One who loves you unconditionally----through the desert -failures-- unseen dreams----frustrations --darkness-let the seed of Life grow---------also-physical mental and Spiritual activities--hope the besttheheart rosary (things i have to remind myself too)
Oct 26th 2013 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: No,nothing especially lately ... It's an ongoing thing, just feeling that I have no place in the world, that I do not belong anywhere ...
Richard,
just remember that you are never alone. God is always with you waiting for your call. You are made in the likeness of god. You are very special to him. We are praying for you. May god be with you, bless you and strengthen you always. Peace be with you. Everyone, let's say one Hail Mary for Richard as soon as you are done reading this.

Oct 26th 2013 new
Good Morning Richard,

It's a beautiful bright sunshiny day out there today. I hope you are feeling more positive... And if you don't have an animal companion, I suggest that you go to the SPCA and get a furry buddy. You both would benefit!
Posts 31 - 40 of 176