Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 27 new
Hi Joyce----Sacred Heart of Jesus have Mercy -Immaculate Heart of Mary have Mercy- in union with Heaven and earth hear our prayers--Thank you
Oct 27 new
(quote) Joyce-61410 said: Recently I asked for prayers for several situations including a cousin whose husband suffers from MS that has become aggressive. Last night her 19 year old, schizophrenic son tried to hang himself. He usually hides out in his room when things are bad. Except for doctors appts, he's been in his room since he dropped out of college last year. he posted on his FB last night that he was broken and no one could fix him. I responded and then sent him a message, but never heard back. His mom was monitoring his FB earlier, so I didn't think to calll and warn her 9He had posted how he felt depressed and she'd responded about an hour earlier).

theheart Praying rosary

Prayers for your family and that they find their way back to the Church.
Oct 27 new
So sorry for the cousin, hopefully the four year old can continue to bring joy there.
Oct 27 new
Hi Joyce,
As one who was in the mental health system for a long time, I can tell you prayers do work. Faith and trust in God led me away and out of major depression. I will continue to pray for your cousin's son as well as their family.
Oct 28 new
Praying
Oct 28 new
Praying Praying
Oct 28 new
I will pray for you and all your family.
Oct 29 new
Praying rosary theheart Prayers for your cousin and family.
Oct 29 new
I'm going to be very cautious here, I have experienced this kind of thing. Has his medication been adjusted up or down recently? I've been on antipsychotics for 10 years, these are very powerful drugs. I suggest you look at Peter Breggin's site, I think it's breggin.com, you may want to look at his book - Your Drug May be Your Problem.

There have been numerous instances of suicidal behaviour as a result of drug-induced psychosis.
Oct 29 new
I just want to thank you for your suggestions and your candor, Liam. My young cousin has been hearing voices since he was about eight years old, so he's had many med changes. Except a brief period of time on Risperidone, nothing has worked well - and he developed side-effects from the Risperidone, so that's no longer an option. I plan to check into the website and book that you mentioned and maybe we'll gain a better insight.
Posts 21 - 30 of 41