Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 29th 2013 new
They are in my prayers MS and mental illness is rough to deal with so many ups and down. I pray they have some peace.
Oct 29th 2013 new
Praying My Jesus, mercy . . .

Oct 29th 2013 new
Praying Praying Praying hug
Oct 29th 2013 new
Praying hug theheart rosary rose rose rose
Oct 30th 2013 new
Praying rosary theheart
Oct 30th 2013 new
Praying Praying Praying
Oct 30th 2013 new
A lot of emoticons on here, is language dead? As Walter Ciszek would say, let's get to the reality of the situation. There are lots (millions) of people in western society dependent on psychotropic drugs. Ok. But what has been played down is the potentially catastrophic scale of the so-called side-effects of these drugs. When this effect increases in power it is the main effect not the side effect. In the late 70's I read a magazine article called "The Pusher in the Pin-Stripe Suit" about a Big Pharma drug rep, the pusher is still very powerful today. Follow the money. Where are the big bucks in mental health? - in drug sales.

In sub-Saharan African tribes when someone becomes disturbed with what we might label bipolar or schizophrenia, the Africans (who blessedly know nothing of these labels) sit the person in the middle of a circle and the elders ask:

" What have WE done to make him like this."

Knowledge is freedom and ignorance is slavery. - Miles Davis
Oct 31st 2013 new
Definatly praying for him. As a mother of a schizophrenic who himself attempted suicide 3 weeks ago and for the 4th time in 3yrs, I know how truly painful and heartbreaking it is to see them hurt so bad from a mental illness so puzzling. I am also on FB( under the name Taleese Sickels) if his mother, or him or any one would like to add me please do. It is so hard to sort thru emotions and pain etc when someone you love is schizophrenic and as the mother we tend to hurt and wonder and feel alone often and there is such a stigma attached to the illness. Sometimes having someone who as well lives with it makes things a little bit easier, or just knowing you have someone to relate too. Praying, Peace and blessings
Oct 31st 2013 new
Praying theheart Praying
Nov 1st 2013 new
My daughter and I will keep your son and family in our prayers, too.
Posts 31 - 40 of 41