Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Swaroop-373895 said: I don't necessarily see many Christians that are better off or better behaved in society than people who are of other religions or even atheists.
Swaroop..

You're sure to get Prayers from all the wonderful CM members and also some valuable insights to think and reflect on. One of the things, if i were you, I would to not look to see if other Christians are better off or behaved to discern your own personal relationship with Christ. Consider the fact that God has already led you thus far bringing you into his Holy Catholic Church.

I know often times people feel like God isn't there in their life,, and i think one of the greatest reminders is "Footprints in the Sand".. it kindof reminds us that even though We may not always feel connected to God.. God is always connected to us. Praying theheart
Oct 27th 2013 new
Swaroop, I believe you to be wise to reach out to others for encouragement. I believe it is difficult for each of us humans with all of our limitations even to begin to surround ourselves with any understanding of the love of God for each of us. I invite you to keep in mind that many of the holiest saints who ever lived have had times in their lives during which they felt that Our Lord And Maker seemed not to be nearby. I pray that you will keep the faith and pray and pray and pray. And try to meditate upon the mysteries of the Holy Rosary. Do not let the evil one tempt you. Tell the evil one and his consorts to go to hell.
Oct 27th 2013 new
Helo Swarrop, theheart theheart theheart theheart theheart
I read your post and was saddened by it. I KNOW those feelings. Feelings of "what am I doing" I always wondered then, "Is He really listening to me?" But HE is. He says " He takes care of the lilies in the field, why would He not take care of us?" This is a time of darkness for you. I think I can say that all who are on this sight have experienced what you are going through in one way or another. Please while you are "feeling" empty. Don't leave. I can promise that Jesus will FILL that empty vessel which is your heart. You think it is barren but it is not. I can tell your feelings about this are deep. Ask God to show you something...even a little something on why you should not leave His church. I KNOW he will answer. He ALWAYS does. If you would like to write me privately I am here for you.
Your sisiter in Christ,
Elizabeth
Oct 27th 2013 new

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,

other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed

that during the low periods of my life,

when I was suffering from

anguish, sorrow or defeat,

I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,

"You promised me Lord,

that if I followed you,

you would walk with me always.

But I have noticed that during

the most trying periods of my life

there have only been one

set of footprints in the sand.

Why, when I needed you most,

you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,

"The times when you have

seen only one set of footprints,

is when I carried you."

-Mary Stevenson, 1936

Oct 27th 2013 new
Swaroop,
These are difficult times both in the catholic church and in society in general. I have felt like you on many occasions especially because I belong to the Archdiocese of Philly where the sexual scandal has exploded in recent years. I went to catholic school my whole life from 1st grade thru college and my world fell apart when my parents got divorced and I even started doubting my faith. 13 yrs ago my dad was diagnosed with cancer and he was in a lot of pain and I started reading the Bible and books on death and suffering and I started reading books on Mother Teresa and one day on the way home from work I asked Mother Teresa if it was Gods will to heal my dad and if not to comfort him. A week later I went to work. I was a Rn and worked in a hospital and when I got my assignment I was assigned a Sister as one of my patients and when I entered the room I was shocked when I realized she was one of Mother Teresa's Sisters. I never told her about my dad and my prayer to Mother Teresa and later during my shift she said she was praying for me and my intentions and I thanked her but still I said nothing about my dad. She explained that she was a contemplative Sister and all she did is pray for the Sisters around the world who did acts of charity. Before I left for the day I entered the room and the Sister I was caring for said I have someone I want you to meet. She said this is Mother Superior all the way from Calcutta and the Mother Superior came over and looked me in the eyes and handed me a miraculous medal and a Mother Teresa Prayer card and said "Will you pray for miracles" I was so stunned I thought I was going to passout and I could nt even talk. I went home and gave my dad the medal and prayer card and he lived 10 yrs more with his cancer and when people including his doctor asked what was his secret to living so long with cancer he would say he has a lot of Sisters praying for him. I wrote a little story about this for my parish bullentin and when my dad passed away I found a tattered copy next to his bed. He had not been healed physically but he was comforted. I also watched a very intellectual professor my dad go from a very heady faith to a child like faith and it was beautiful to see. He went back to the prayer of St. Joseph that the Sisters had taught him as a child for a peaceful death and yes he ended up dying in his sleep peacefully. He also felt a presence next to him the few days before he died like there was someone next to him holding his hand. My dad also 40yrs without going to confession went to confession before he died. A priest came and talked to him for hrs one day and he made his last confession. I talked to Mother Teresas Sisters and they said that sometimes God gives you extra time to ready your soul for heaven and my dad definitely got that. His whole illness and death was such a gift. I know without a doubt there is a heaven and a Jesus that loves us. I love Jesus more than anything and I love confession and adoration because that is when he pours out his grace on us. People will always disappoint us but Jesus is always there even if we don't always feel his presence. I find when I receive the sacraments frequently got to adoration frequesntly and try to live Gods will not my own I start to see Jesus everywhere. Jesus lives in us and we need to allow Jesus to work thru us. I am involved with reaching out to survivors of sexual abuse in the AD of Philly just as a lay person and many beautiful things have come out of that. Again even though people disappointment I don't doubt the teachings of the church nor the reality of Jesus anymore. I will pray the Memorae for you Mary has always been good to me and answered so many of my prayers. Peace and Faith I wish and pray for you:)
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) William-607613 said:

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,

other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed

that during the low periods of my life,

when I was suffering from

anguish, sorrow or defeat,

I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,

"You promised me Lord,

that if I followed you,

you would walk with me always.

But I have noticed that during

the most trying periods of my life

there have only been one

set of footprints in the sand.

Why, when I needed you most,

you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,

"The times when you have

seen only one set of footprints,

is when I carried you."

-Mary Stevenson, 1936

Praying theheart Amen
Oct 27th 2013 new
I don't think those are unnatural feelings. A lot of us will go through a 'dry spell' here and there. My only thought is not to compare others with your journey and reason for being Catholic. It seems like there are the half that are gung ho Catholics when the times are good...then the other half that are hardly Catholic, but find their faith in time of great need. It might be a good idea to explore that concept and see where your heart is and why. Best of luck my friend.
Oct 27th 2013 new
Keep praying, Swaroop! God will answer your call if you truly believed in him. Praying rosary theheart
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-1020754 said: Swaroop,
These are difficult times both in the catholic church and in society in general. I have felt like you on many occasions especially because I belong to the Archdiocese of Philly where the sexual scandal has exploded in recent years. I went to catholic school my whole life from 1st grade thru college and my world fell apart when my parents got divorced and I even started doubting my faith. 13 yrs ago my dad was diagnosed with cancer and he was in a lot of pain and I started reading the Bible and books on death and suffering and I started reading books on Mother Teresa and one day on the way home from work I asked Mother Teresa if it was Gods will to heal my dad and if not to comfort him. A week later I went to work. I was a Rn and worked in a hospital and when I got my assignment I was assigned a Sister as one of my patients and when I entered the room I was shocked when I realized she was one of Mother Teresa's Sisters. I never told her about my dad and my prayer to Mother Teresa and later during my shift she said she was praying for me and my intentions and I thanked her but still I said nothing about my dad. She explained that she was a contemplative Sister and all she did is pray for the Sisters around the world who did acts of charity. Before I left for the day I entered the room and the Sister I was caring for said I have someone I want you to meet. She said this is Mother Superior all the way from Calcutta and the Mother Superior came over and looked me in the eyes and handed me a miraculous medal and a Mother Teresa Prayer card and said "Will you pray for miracles" I was so stunned I thought I was going to passout and I could nt even talk. I went home and gave my dad the medal and prayer card and he lived 10 yrs more with his cancer and when people including his doctor asked what was his secret to living so long with cancer he would say he has a lot of Sisters praying for him. I wrote a little story about this for my parish bullentin and when my dad passed away I found a tattered copy next to his bed. He had not been healed physically but he was comforted. I also watched a very intellectual professor my dad go from a very heady faith to a child like faith and it was beautiful to see. He went back to the prayer of St. Joseph that the Sisters had taught him as a child for a peaceful death and yes he ended up dying in his sleep peacefully. He also felt a presence next to him the few days before he died like there was someone next to him holding his hand. My dad also 40yrs without going to confession went to confession before he died. A priest came and talked to him for hrs one day and he made his last confession. I talked to Mother Teresas Sisters and they said that sometimes God gives you extra time to ready your soul for heaven and my dad definitely got that. His whole illness and death was such a gift. I know without a doubt there is a heaven and a Jesus that loves us. I love Jesus more than anything and I love confession and adoration because that is when he pours out his grace on us. People will always disappoint us but Jesus is always there even if we don't always feel his presence. I find when I receive the sacraments frequently got to adoration frequesntly and try to live Gods will not my own I start to see Jesus everywhere. Jesus lives in us and we need to allow Jesus to work thru us. I am involved with reaching out to survivors of sexual abuse in the AD of Philly just as a lay person and many beautiful things have come out of that. Again even though people disappointment I don't doubt the teachings of the church nor the reality of Jesus anymore. I will pray the Memorae for you Mary has always been good to me and answered so many of my prayers. Peace and Faith I wish and pray for you:)
Elizabeth, Such a moving post. I got all choked up. Thanks for sharing this story. It's simply amazing. theheart

Swaroop, Read... Read the lives of the saints. (((Impressive--a convert from Hinduism!)))
Oct 28th 2013 new
I will keep you in my prayers. Me and you aren't that much different. Only I was born and raised catholic. Yet for a long time I considered leaving. You hint at an emptiness inside your soul. I felt all this too. Living the faith is a difficult thing. Especially when some aren't paving the way for us. If we focus on the bad church goers we can end up straying away. I did this for years and I could find no peace. I'm not sure that you're exactly the same. I can understand to an extent. I recommend you read or listen to Matthew Kelly he has some really uplifting material. His book "A Call To Joy" really gave me a interesting perspective on the faith. I think you can even look him up online he has his own site I believe.
Posts 11 - 20 of 70