Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 28th 2013 new
Hi Swaroop,

You have been given some great advice and really one amazing story. Here is something else to ponder, the beautiful thing about being Catholic is being Catholic. Sounds stupid really but it is not. Catholic as you know means Universal. In other words you have some options, of course one is the one you suggested and that is leaving the Church and Faith altogether, but before you do that try a new Parish. You didn't mention doing that. You did say that you look around you and see just as many spiritually dead people. I am taking that to mean people in your Parish. Try a new Parish. I swear I have encountered Priests who have no business serving in Parishes. Much of this has to do with the lack of vocations of course. Many of the bad priests I have met are fulfilling roles that they themselves don't want to do. And believe me like in any job, if you don't like it ,it shows.

Next step is bringing yourself up spiritually and nothing mocks the devil more than humor. If you have never read C.S. Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters" than pick up a copy today. I think I've read it a dozen times. And someone wrote "to remember what attracted you to the Church in the first place". Well what was it? And if it isn't there in your Parish anymore I bet your bottom dollar it is somewhere.
Oct 28th 2013 new
Swaroop,
We have ALL been there at one time or another. Whenever I have thoughts like that I think of
Matthew 6:26
"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
God loves each and every one of "uniquely" Matter of fact a priest told me once: "Our God is madly in Love with us!"
You are included in my prayers~ rosary Praying rosary
Oct 28th 2013 new
Hi Swaroop - you have my prayers. I think sometimes Catholics get in to the mode of going to Church once a week and punching in and punching out on their Catholicism. I would encourage you to go a bible study class and get involved in a Alpha.org class in a local Catholic church. These types of activities will get you talking about your faith with other Catholics. Everyone has doubts and talking about it can help. Keep the faith!
Oct 28th 2013 new
When we feel disconnected from God we need to ask ourselves which one of us moved. God never steps away from us. We distance ourselves from God. We experience the greatest spiritual growth when we persevere in prayer and living right when it feels as if there is no point to doing so.

Pray. Receive the Sacraments. Pray some more. A loving father will always pick up his crying child. Keep the faith. There are much better things in store for you.

Oct 28th 2013 new
Swaroop,
This may also be helpful (and it is his feast day today along with St Simon)

Oh glorious apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered thy beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused thee to be forgotten by many, but the Church honors and invokes thee universally as the patron of hopeless cases--of things despaired of. Pray for me who am so miserable; make use, I implore thee, of that particular privilege accorded thee of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly (mention your request), and that I may bless God with thee and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise thee, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor thee as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to thee. Amen
Oct 28th 2013 new
A Pope Francis tweet from yesterday:

"If we are to know the Lord, we must go to him. Listen to him in silence before the tabernacle and approach him in the Sacraments."

Oct 28th 2013 new
I suggest you read a book or a few books on Apparitions of Mary. These has changed my faith in God to proof heaven is real.
Lourdes is my favorite. I love reading about he children of Fatima - three children that loved God more than I can imagine.
Although not a proven / approved apparitions, we cannot ignore Medjugorje.
Oct 28th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-296170 said:
Although not a proven / approved apparitions, we cannot ignore Medjugorje.
I respectfully suggest you restrict yourself to apparitions that are approved by the church, which does not include Medjugorje.
Oct 28th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-1020754 said: Thanks Molly. The lives of the Saints are powerful. I frequently read about their lives at adoration. One thing I wanted to know is how could Mother Teresa work with sick and dying people almost 24/7 and I had such a hard time emotionally being with my dad because it was so hard to watch him suffer. Her answer I found was adoration it gave her the strength to do her work.Sometimes people would complain to Mother Teresa that she was praying and not helping the sick but she would tell them without spending an hr in adoration everyday she could not do what she did. Adoration as often as possible has also healed me, saved me and allowed Jesus to work thru me without him I am lost. I love Jesus more than anything and adoration is such a gift to strengthen our faith. Peace, Elizabeth
Elizabeth, Another beautiful personal story. Thank you.

I agree, making time for reflection, enables us to do what we're doing better. In all of our rushing around to get things done, spending a moment of with Jesus (in Adoration), is like soulfully checking in. Adoration is very powerful, when you consider that you're in the same room with Jesus. ((Even if a person can't get to Church, for Adoration, the next best thing might be a crucifix, removing other distractions and quieting the mind. Which can be done anywhere.))

A Little Sister told me that caring for the sick/elderly/dying, practically speaking, takes at least four people. Like the 4 people who hoisted the sick man for Jesus to cure. There were probably 4 people taking care of one sick person. So if there is only 1 person, doing the job of 4, then all the more reason for that 1 person to seek the help of God, daily. Mother Teresa may have seen Christ in all the people she cared for--so in effect, she worked tirelessly, caring for Christ.

PS I'm watching/participating with my Dad's suffering, at this point in life. I think God gives some of His strongest children, the opportunity to suffer and be greatly humbled--particularly through old age. And those of us (like Mary witnessing her son suffer), might consider ourselves lucky to witness such great parents endure their challenges so gallantly. It gives us an opportunity to participate, as well. Isn't it interesting that the 4th commandment, relating to honoring your father and our mother, is so close to the top? It must be important. Keep up the good work Elizabeth!
Oct 28th 2013 new
Praying Please contact your local priest for a discussion. Prayers are offered in the meantime theheart rosary
Posts 31 - 40 of 70