Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Nov 1st 2013 new
Swaroop:

I too have had this problem. I lived with a lady. She decided I was too Catholic. We decided the best thing for me to do was to leave. I did I am back with the Church. The one thing I missed most was receiving Communion. Ewtn
the tv station on the Church has helped me very much. Most other sects in Christianity may only share the body and blood of Christ once a month others once a year there are great Christians in the Catholic Church and many other Churches. The true Church is Catholicism. Sometimes you may need to look hard as you would look for a four leafed clover. Other times you find passionate Christians like grass in a field.
May GOD help you find your way in JESUS' name!
k.o.'
Nov 1st 2013 new
Praying Praying Praying
Nov 2nd 2013 new
I feel that way a lot too. Just going to mass is not enough. U really have to get involved. Go to socials and develope some friendships in the church. Join the choir or become a lector/Euchaistic Minister/Usher. Join a prayer group or if your church doesn't have one, form one. Get yourself a spiritual director. I hope that helps. God bless!
Nov 3rd 2013 new
We all go through our storms and deserts. We have to remember that our Lord has shown us the power of Faith and He himself has been through the desert alone. God asks us to Ask, seek and knock...From Him not man. With God ALL things are possible. Stay Faithful as you go through this desert...He will never leave you, He loves you too much. Pray unceasingly to St. Jude, our Saint of desperation. May the spirit of God be with you and guide you brother, xox.
Nov 3rd 2013 new
One thing that I have found in my life is that Catholicism isn't a panacea for my problems. I thought that 20 years ago when I came into the faith. But, it is not. What it helps us to do is get closer to Jesus Christ. One of the things that has kept me in the faith is the Eucharist. Yes, I could leave and become a Protestant or something else. But, if I truly understand and believe that the bread and wine on the alter is turned into the Real Presence of Jesus' Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity, then there is no where else to go. This is what Peter said in John 6 after Jesus said that to abide in him we must eat his flesh and drink his blood. All of Jesus' followers left after Jesus said this because they knew Jesus was not speaking metaphorically. Then Jesus asked Peter if he wanted to go and Peter replied, to whom shall we go, you have the words of eternal life. I can share that this past weekend I went to our annual men's retreat and we had the most powerful Eucharistic Adoration session I have ever been to. There were about 70 or 80 men and all of us were blown away by Christ's presence, with probably 4-6 men sobbing uncontrollably. It was unbelievable.

This a longer story than I can write now, but Christianity is not about giving your life to Christ and then everything is wonderful. It is about uniting ourselves to the cross of Christ. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you more if you would like. Feel free to send me a private email if you don't want to respond in the forums. But, don't give into your despair. I can share that Jesus will get us through whatever difficulties we have. God Bless,

Will
Nov 3rd 2013 new
Great Post, Too Catholic, I hear that a lot myself. But, as I said in my earlier post, if not the Catholic Church that Jesus Christ himself founded, where should I go.

God Bless,

Will
Nov 3rd 2013 new
P.S.,

I was responding to Kevin's post when I said Great Post. It just didn't come across.

God Bless,

Will
Nov 3rd 2013 new
Praying that the Good Lord strengthens your faith and fills you with hope. I encourage you to do the same. Read Holy Scripture, but speak to God personally as your loving Father. Also, try to extend kindness and charity to others. So often, helping others enables us to get out of our own heads and see the bigger picture. Perspective is so important. Give thanks--morning, evening and during the day. (If difficult, pray for this, too.) It will reinforce a spirit of gratification and bolster the feeling that God truly loves you!
God bless you.
Nov 3rd 2013 new
So many good suggestions, and as I haven't read them all don't know if these were included. Richard Rohr has written a book Why Be Catholic and Scott Hahn another entitled Reasons to Believe both of which were recommended by a friend when I asked on your behalf. You may not feel like making the effort to track down or read them, but the Catholic faith is such a treasure, I'd hate to see you lose it w/o having read these. Will keep you in my prayer. I was away for a couple years myself, for various reasons not entirely of my choosing, or rather I wasn't strong enough to counter the situation at the time. I really appreciated being home in the Catholic church when I went to my first Mass again and will never again leave
Nov 3rd 2013 new
(quote) David-364112 said: When we feel disconnected from God we need to ask ourselves which one of us moved. God never steps away from us. We distance ourselves from God. We experience the greatest spiritual growth when we persevere in prayer and living right when it feels as if there is no point to doing so.

Pray. Receive the Sacraments. Pray some more. A loving father will always pick up his crying child. Keep the faith. There are much better things in store for you.

So beautifully said, David! I am cutting and pasting this and putting it on my refrigerator. It's worth remembering this in little things not just in the all or nothing situation. It goes for me too :)

As a father with children, I shouldn't need the reminder to pick up the crying child (figuratively speaking) and be loving, but I do. Thanks, David!
Posts 61 - 70 of 70