Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 29th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Last week -- in atypical overwhelming bi-partisan unity -- the House of Representatives passed a measure (H.R. 2083) that would allow schools to require teachers, coaches, and janitors to be subject to criminal background checks. The measure would allow the school to deny employment to any who had been convicted (not suspected, indicted, or accused -- but convicted) of past felonies. The measure would also allow the school to take a pass on any previously convicted sex-offender. The measure will now head to the Senate.
The Senate is majority Democrat in party affiliation, and Democrat candidates rely heavily upon huge disproportionate contributions to their campaign funds from the unions to get re-elected. So now Majority Leader Harry Reid is being lobbied hard by the teachers' unions to kill the bill, or direct fellow Democrats to vote it to defeat. (You can encourage Reid to ignore them by calling his office at 202.224.3121.)

http://tinyurl.com/m4lwjke

Lets see, teachers unions want sex offenders to be able to teach in the class room, but in a lot of states sex offenders aren't allowed to live anywhere near a school. Makes sense...... in a democrat sort of way.
Oct 29th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: Lets see, teachers unions want sex offenders to be able to teach in the class room, but in a lot of states sex offenders aren't allowed to live anywhere near a school. Makes sense...... in a democrat sort of way.
Yeah I can see it, in a democrat sort of way. This needs to be publicized because most of the country would be behind this. I dare Reid to kill it.
Oct 30th 2013 new
(quote) James-17080 said: Hi Bernard et alia,

My goodness, man, we're friends! (I hope). Please call me Jim :-) That's how I sign my writings to you.

It's good to be back. It's looks to me like you're as smart as ever, Bernard. It's my mind that's failing. The neurons just don't fire the way they used to anymore. I'm getting old, Bernard, but I want to contribute when I can.

We are friends, but of course, that does not mean we always agree, and disagreement is part of the spice of friendship.

For me, it is also educational. I don't have all the answers. I come here, talk to you and others, and learn new things all the time. That is one of the things that makes CM so great.

Jim ☺
Jim ,you are the salt of the Earth! wink
Oct 30th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Jim ,you are the salt of the Earth!
Hi Bernard et alia,

Ha! Thanks for your kind remark, and it is more deeply appreciated than you know.

Unfortunately, most other wizards here will probably disagree with you on this point.

laughing

Jim ☺
Oct 31st 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: metrosexual noun \ˌme-trə-ˈsek-sh(ə-)wəl, -ˈsek-shəl\ /* http://media.easybib.com/citethis/"+EBversion+"/widget_mini.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E")); /* ]]> */ CloseStyle: MLA APA ChicagoCloseStyle: MLA APA Chicago Definition of METROSEXUAL : a usually urban heterosexual male given to enhancing his personal appearance by fastidious grooming, beauty treatments, and fashionable clothes metrosexual adjective
Just saw this. Ain't no way I'm hanging out with a man prettier than me who spends longer getting ready than I do. Ugh! Next!
Oct 31st 2013 new
Lol. That just cracked me up this morning! Thank you!!
Nov 1st 2013 new
Question If homosexuals go out with guys, and Heterosexuals go out with girls. What do metrosexuals got out with? Metro buses? Maybe the word should be dandyism something Oscar Wilde was associated with.
Nov 1st 2013 new
(quote) Joseph-841276 said: Question If homosexuals go out with guys, and Heterosexuals go out with girls. What do metrosexuals got out with? Metro buses? Maybe the word should be dandyism something Oscar Wilde was associated with.
That is a funny ponderism, Joseph. Do you know anymore? I copied and pasted it in I titled "When I feel blue" in the fun and intertainment forum.
Nov 1st 2013 new
Jerry, My teacher's union is busy lobbying for my health care and retirement benefits, as well as for conditions to Improve learning and support for the students. We don't have time to think up all these leftist plots.
Nov 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Karen-1019344 said: Jerry, My teacher's union is busy lobbying for my health care and retirement benefits, as well as for conditions to Improve learning and support for the students. We don't have time to think up all these leftist plots.
Unless your Union is in no way associated with the National Education Association, it is definitely involved as are your dues, in these leftists insanities.
Posts 21 - 30 of 62