Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 02 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Unless your Union is in no way associated with the National Education Association, it is definitely involved as are your dues, in these leftists insanities.
Paul,

I would have to think that Karen is referring to her union at the local district level. One reason she brings this up is to show that, at the level she can be most closely involved, (her own district) her union is doing good work to aid learning and working conditions for students and teachers.

Bravo to her local union for caring about the children! biggrin
Nov 02 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Unless your Union is in no way associated with the National Education Association, it is definitely involved as are your dues, in these leftists insanities.
Check into it Karen.
Nov 02 new
Been in a classroom lately? Again, we don't have the time to think up all kinds of leftist agendas. With 75% of kids on free lunch we have more pressing items to deal with.
Nov 02 new
(quote) Karen-1019344 said: Been in a classroom lately? Again, we don't have the time to think up all kinds of leftist agendas. With 75% of kids on free lunch we have more pressing items to deal with.
Welcome to the forums Karen.
Nov 02 new
Thanks for the kind comments. What about our state teachers union? Are they in cohorts w/ the federals to get sex offenders in the classroom? I don't think you folks understand the scrutiny teachers are under. We have other things to do with our precious free time than to plot how to harm children or how to have our union do it for us. Our union has other things to do with it's time as well... Like advocating for smaller class sizes, tech equity, and the COMMON CORE. ( designed to raise standards and increase rigor.. Not take over the world with a communist agenda.
Nov 02 new
(quote) Karen-1019344 said: Thanks for the kind comments. What about our state teachers union? Are they in cohorts w/ the federals to get sex offenders in the classroom? I don't think you folks understand the scrutiny teachers are under. We have other things to do with our precious free time than to plot how to harm children or how to have our union do it for us. Our union has other things to do with it's time as well... Like advocating for smaller class sizes, tech equity, and the COMMON CORE. ( designed to raise standards and increase rigor.. Not take over the world with a communist agenda.
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying that Common Core is a GOOD thing?
Nov 02 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: Are you saying that Common Core is a GOOD thing?
Yes, Common Core is good for the students. There are a few hiccups, but overall it is good for the profession. EVERY district is dealing with these new standards. (Common Core) We live and breathe them daily - and that's Karen's point really. Our unions are doing so much good for the children (Again, I'm talking about at the district level) They are good people who care about kids. Common Core is one of the many things that takes up our energy.

We aren't arguing that the NEA should support sex offenders.
Nov 02 new
Thanks Mike, ( and all ) , That was my 1st Forum. Nothing like spirited debate! Perhaps you might want to learn more about the Common Core, I know our Ohio Education Association's web site has many links and resources. http://Www.oea.org Peace!
Nov 02 new
(quote) Mike-905381 said: Paul,

I would have to think that Karen is referring to her union at the local district level. One reason she brings this up is to show that, at the level she can be most closely involved, (her own district) her union is doing good work to aid learning and working conditions for students and teachers.

Bravo to her local union for caring about the children!
The NEA is also involved in the same things the local union is. As is the other major teacher union. That does not even address the unions that "represent" college teachers which are even more leftist and wacky.

Nevertheless, the NEA is also involved in and actively promoting and funding the insanities of the wacky left in this country. Therefore, at the very least, the local affiliate is involved in the funding of those insanities. Chances are, however, that some of the leadership at the local level are also directly involved in supporting and promoting the nonsense.

Unfortunately, in most school districts, even if a teacher is able to opt out of membership in the local union, they are still required to pay the equivalent amount to the Unions, not as a membership fee but as a payment for the supposed work they do on behalf of all the teachers. Which of course is pure nonsense and is an extortion of money from the teacher.

So I will stick to my original statement, if the local union of which she is a member (I believe she mentioned the Ohio Education Association) is an affiliate of the NEA then the union supports and promotes the aqgenda of the wacky left financial and as a matter of policy.
Nov 02 new
(quote) Karen-1019344 said: Thanks for the kind comments. What about our state teachers union? Are they in cohorts w/ the federals to get sex offenders in the classroom? I don't think you folks understand the scrutiny teachers are under. We have other things to do with our precious free time than to plot how to harm children or how to have our union do it for us. Our union has other things to do with it's time as well... Like advocating for smaller class sizes, tech equity, and the COMMON CORE. ( designed to raise standards and increase rigor.. Not take over the world with a communist agenda.
Karen you keep referring to the teacher in the classroom.

Aside from the fact that most teachers describe themselves as liberals politically, I agree that those actually working in the classroom have little time to concern themselves with nonsense from any quadrant of the political spectrum.

Nevertheless, the unions that represent them do spend a lot of time, money and effort on all this other nonsense. If you believe otherwise, I would suggest you spend time studying the financial records of the union and pay attention to how the leaders spend their time and the members' money.
Posts 31 - 40 of 62