Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 31st 2013 new
The neighborhood I left when I left my husband has a nice number of children, everyone out strolling with little ones, fun treats, etc. I used to take pictures of the kids and families that I knew and give them copies. My parish and many area churches have started "Trunk 'n Treat" events. Everyone dresses up, pulls in the parking lot, decorates their trunk and tailgate, passes out candy, donuts, cider, etc. We even had hayrides at my parish. Lots of fun. Schools, civic organizations and churches are all starting to do it.
Oct 31st 2013 new
Yes, lots and lots of candy. My children still go out to collect too. Gotta run, my son is Frankenstein this year.
Oct 31st 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-363720 said: I live in an appartment complex and so we do not give out candy.
Hi Bernadette et alia,

It's funny you should ask. In all the years I've lived here, there has been not one single trick-or-treater. Decades ago, someone here implied that they came before I moved in.

Word must have got around quick to avoid the build with the young, but very grumpy man in one of the suites.

;-)

James ☺
Oct 31st 2013 new
(quote) James-17080 said: Hi Bernadette et alia,

It's funny you should ask. In all the years I've lived here, there has been not one single trick-or-treater. Decades ago, someone here implied that they came before I moved in.

Word must have got around quick to avoid the build with the young, but very grumpy man in one of the suites.

;-)

James ☺
"build" in the last sentence should be "building".
Oct 31st 2013 new
We hardly get any trick-or-treaters -- right next door is a church having a harvest festival during trick-or-treat -- we just go there instead and enjoy good fun all in one place.
Oct 31st 2013 new
I passed out candy. I had a total of three kids come to my place this year, which is three more then I had last year. Good thing I don't buy a lot of candy.

My brother and sister-in-law live at the end of a long street. She feels if any kid is willing to walk to the end they deserve a full size candy bar. My brother feels if any adult walks with their kid to the end of the street they deserve a beer. So yes they pass out candy and beer.
Oct 31st 2013 new
Yes. Name brand, made in America. hersheyskiss

I mention that because in years past there have been contamination issues with candy from Mexico and China. So I avoid such stuff, but S.D. is a port of entry and there's a lot of imported candy on the shelves here.
Oct 31st 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-605462 said: I passed out candy. I had a total of three kids come to my place this year, which is three more then I had last year. Good thing I don't buy a lot of candy.

My brother and sister-in-law live at the end of a long street. She feels if any kid is willing to walk to the end they deserve a full size candy bar. My brother feels if any adult walks with their kid to the end of the street they deserve a beer. So yes they pass out candy and beer.
Your brother gives out beer AND candy? Why did't you tell me that earlier? weeping
Oct 31st 2013 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: Your brother gives out beer AND candy? Why did't you tell me that earlier?
Jim next year you come and visit me on Halloween and I will take you to my brother's for beer and candy. You have 365 days to plan the trip. laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
Oct 31st 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-605462 said: Jim next year you come and visit me on Halloween and I will take you to my brother's for beer and candy. You have 365 days to plan the trip.
God willing, I'll be there. If you need anyone to help you with the leftover candy this year, I could help. It would be my good deed for the whole month!
Posts 11 - 20 of 30