Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Tom-267933 said: Tell him you have a brother who is getting out of prison next week after serving a ten-year sentence for a violent crime.
laughing thumbsup

And he's been mandated to take anger management classes, but so far, he's been kicked out of the class twice for lack of self-control....
Nov 4th 2013 new
Too funny.

Thankfully, this issue was resolved peacefully. I just talked to my boss about it, and meanwhile the persistent guy got the memo to stop with the advances. Praise God!
Nov 4th 2013 new
Glad to hear it!
God Bless, helen
Nov 4th 2013 new

Great news.
Nov 4th 2013 new
I think if he asks you out and you say that you are busy he thinks if he keeps asking you then you might go out with him. Saying you are busy does not tell him you are not interested. You are not sending him that message that is why he keeps asking. You could be honest in the nicest way possible and tell him thank you but I am not interested in dating. Thank you for asking me. See how that goes. Perhaps that will help and he will not ask you again.
Nov 4th 2013 new
(quote) Anna Maria-1012206 said: This guy who works at the same place as me has lately been asking me out to dinner, but I am not interested in him at all. We just would never be a match for a number of reasons. I politely turned down his offer, but he keeps on insisting upon it. Another awkward thing is that my boss has picked up on his advances, and has just made things even more awkward.

What should I do? I barely know him and don't want things to get worse at the office. Should I politely tell him I am not interested or just continue to say that I am busy so he gets the memo? I have never been in a situation like this. I appreciate any help you can provide.
Have one of your platonic boyfriends pick you up at work
Nov 4th 2013 new
(quote) Anna Maria-1012206 said: Thank you for your response! I really appreciate it. I guess I have feared what would happen if I say no, since I think it would dramatically affect our work environment. My boss thinks there is something between us, but there isn't anything at all. He asked me out again for Monday night, so I'll confront him that day and just tell him the truth.
Read the Gift of Fear by Gavin DeBecker
Nov 5th 2013 new
1. I wish I had problems like this.
2. Make clear to your boss what is and isn't going on.
3. Tell the guy clearly your position re: dating co-workers and mention #2.
Nov 21st 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said:

And he's been mandated to take anger management classes, but so far, he's been kicked out of the class twice for lack of self-control....
And he went to jail for protecting your Lesbian ways! Kidding.
Posts 21 - 29 of 29