Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 4th 2013 new
I personally will not enter into another relationship with a non-Catholic. I married a very devout southern Baptist woman. We were young and in love. We thought we would figure it out...12 years later we never did. We attended a lot of different churches and different denominations during that time. I met a lot of great people along the way but at this point in my life I am only interested in meeting someone who will attend mass with me, share in the sacraments and grow in our wonderful faith together. There are a lot of great non-Catholics out there...I just don't want to enter into another relationship with that hanging over our heads.
Nov 4th 2013 new
(quote) Irene-1023986 said: Hi,
I had a long and tumultuous marriage to a non-catholic, he has since died. He was a hard working man who never interfered in my in my spiritual life but he never joined me either. This affected my children's catholic education as he was not interested in attending any of their Christian milestones. I found that very sad. I eventually met another non- catholic man, but I just could not reconcile myself to a man who did not share my beliefs, who even belittled them. We parted ways, I am happy in my faith and he has been left lonely and bewildered. Yes I guess some mixed marriages could work, but I want that wonderful feeling of my partner sharing in all aspects of my life, most especially my spirituality. Irene
the more I read and pray..................I want to hang out with catholics also
Nov 4th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: the more I read and pray..................I want to hang out with catholics also
I also want to hang out with Catholics. If the goal is to get married at all costs, then anyone will do. I want a Catholic marriage. I want to marry my best friend. Someone to go to Mass with, Eucharistic Adoration with, to pray the holy rosary with. Make breakfast in bed. The starting point is she has to be a devout Catholic.
Nov 4th 2013 new
My aunt, who happens to be my Godmother once asked me "Why are you only looking for Catholics?"

My response to her was that I find it very attractive for a woman to have strong faith. That isn't all it takes, but that is extremely important. If someone is as strong in their faith (let's assume Christian here) as I am, wouldn't they be just as unlikely to convert to Catholicism as I certainly am to convert to any other than Catholic?

In addition to this, I have attended mass alone for most of my adult life. I absolutely, positively want to share this with my spouse. That is of utmost importance to me. How can I, as husband, lead my family in matters of faith, if there are different faiths under the roof?

That's why I've been on Catholic singles websites (CM and two others) for about 15 years smile
Nov 4th 2013 new
(quote) Michelle-860764 said: She thinks I am being too picky to consider only Catholic men. She doesn't think I will EVER find a Catholic Match. What do you think?
I've read quite a few comments on here. In my experience, I will ONLY seek a practicing Catholic Woman.
Nov 4th 2013 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: I've read quite a few comments on here. In my experience, I will ONLY seek a practicing Catholic Woman.
Right on, Johnny.
Nov 4th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: The Church encourages Catholics to marry within the faith because of the problems that can result in other situations: both involving conflicts over raising and properly educating children in the Faith and the potential for the faith of the Catholic spouse to suffer -- or be rejected entirely.

Yes, there are some situations where God calls a Catholic to marry a non-Catholic, and one should not reject this calling because of the disparity of faith; however, such a calling is something that must be discerned on an individual basis (as should any consideration of marriage), not assumed because inter-faith marriages have worked for other people.

It should also be noted that because certain marriages appear to be working well (we can never really know what is going on) that the union was God's will for those people.

One reason the divorce rate in western societies is so high is becaue dating is treated far too casually, people develop emotional intimacy with someone they never should have been involved with in the first place, and they follow their emotions rather than reason straight to the altar -- and eventually into divorce court.

If the Church feels that marrying a Catholic spouse is important enough to require special approval in other circumstances, t would certainly be prudent for us to heed this advice rather than dismissing it because it isn't an absolute requirement. We can focus our efforts on looking for a Catholic potential spouse while not ignoring a non-Catholic if God sends such a person our way (after discerning they were dispatched by God and not other spirits with less benevolent intent).

Excellent post Jerry! Jerry, from TX too, as others!!! Catholics should marry other Catholics; that is the path of least resistance we would expect. So the Church prepares us for the realities and the possibilities, yet the real discernment is still this: what does God have planned for us? It's predictably better, even yet, and usually within all this.

It is so hard to separate what we desire from what God wills if we do not walk in His footsteps and won't admit that to ourselves. I will go so far as to say that if we desire something bad enough, God will let us have our way... inevitably for worse...
Nov 5th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said:
It is so hard to separate what we desire from what God wills if we do not walk in His footsteps and won't admit that to ourselves. I will go so far as to say that if we desire something bad enough, God will let us have our way... inevitably for worse...
So true.
Nov 5th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Excellent post Jerry! Jerry, from TX too, as others!!! Catholics should marry other Catholics; that is the path of least resistance we would expect. So the Church prepares us for the realities and the possibilities, yet the real discernment is still this: what does God have planned for us? It's predictably better, even yet, and usually within all this.

It is so hard to separate what we desire from what God wills if we do not walk in His footsteps and won't admit that to ourselves. I will go so far as to say that if we desire something bad enough, God will let us have our way... inevitably for worse...

Psalm 37:4

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

4 Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.

Nov 5th 2013 new
(quote) Michelle-860764 said: Psalm 37:4

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

4 Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.

Seems pretty simple to me. I love you Jesus. theheart
Posts 41 - 50 of 93