Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 11th 2013 new
What's anti-Catholic about restricting one's self under ordinary circumstances to people with whom one can possibly be in communion? It comes across as super foolish to jump in, under ordinary circumstances, to a life-long contract with a person who doesn't even either know Jesus Christ or agree with Jesus Christ about who He is (or what He taught)...
Nov 11th 2013 new
(quote) Chelsea-743484 said: What's anti-Catholic about restricting one's self under ordinary circumstances to people with whom one can possibly be in communion? It comes across as super foolish to jump in, under ordinary circumstances, to a life-long contract with a person who doesn't even either know Jesus Christ or agree with Jesus Christ about who He is (or what He taught)...
Ya know Chelsea, I had opportunities recently to date non Catholics. I have spent so many years now getting to where I am in my faith that it may be hard for me to date a non Catholic at this point. I would not, however, rule it out completely because I have met some Catholic men who have not been very nice. I hope that someday whoever comes into our (my family and I) lives is a "GOOD" person. Someone we would welcome and be happy to have as part of our lives and also, hopefully they would allow us to be part of theirs as well.

It's in God's hands at this point.
Nov 12th 2013 new

I would say it's more important how you feel about it, than how your daughter feels. Are you comfortable dating non Catholics? My experience has been that there are faith-filled people in all traditions and denominations. It is more important to me to find a man of faith than someone who is just a nominal Catholic. Having said that, it is also comforting to have someone to share one's faith practices with. I don't think this is a moral choice. It's a personal one.
Posts 91 - 93 of 93