Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

For dating to be successful, how important is it that both you and your dating partner have a lot of insight into yourselves? scratchchin

A related question is, "What experiences have you had, if any, in dating someone who had little or no insight into himself?"

Another related question is, "In looking at some past instances of dating, can you now see that a lack of self insight on your part may likely have prevented 'what could have been' from happening?"

Trying to get the inside story about insights, insiders and inciters while drinking cider, eyebrow

John

Nov 3rd 2013 new
I think knowing yourself is very important especially in your own goals in your life and what you are looking for in the other. I would think when someone is more on the younger side they might not know but I think at my age, I know what I want and what I don't want.
Nov 3rd 2013 new

Thanks for your thoughts on this matter. I agree that knowing one's wants is a key part of self-knowledge, but it seems that too often the case is that a person is at one time sure about what he wants only to find out later that the once desired goal turns out to be unsatisfying once possessed. This seems to mean that the problem can sometimes be not whether one knew what one wanted, but rather about whether one was correct in believing that the desired object would continue to be fulfilling longterm. eyebrow Of course there are also situations where this or that person does not even have what you might call "subjective certainty" about his likes and dislikes and he may say, at least inwardly, things such as, "I don't know what I want."

When I wrote this topic, I had forgotten that knowing one's likes and dislikes was an important aspect of self-awareness. I was mainly asking about how important it was for both parties in dating to have some clue about their unconscious assumptions, tendencies, prejudices and level of psychological development. scratchchin

Nov 3rd 2013 new
(quote) John-184825 said:

Trying to get the inside story about insights ... while drinking cider,  

Will a woman who dislikes your drinking cider become a fly in your ointment?
Nov 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Will a woman who dislikes your drinking cider become a fly in your ointment?
Will a woman who dislikes your drinking cider beside her become beside herself and fly off to the side? scratchchin
Nov 3rd 2013 new
(quote) John-184825 said: Will a woman who dislikes your drinking cider beside her become beside herself and fly off to the side?
That could be quite the decider..
Nov 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Will a woman who dislikes your drinking cider become a fly in your ointment?
scratchchin eyepopping laughing www.youtube.com
Nov 3rd 2013 new
Beelzebub = Lord of the Flies. We use canisters of this foul smelling concoction to catch our flies. Then we was them down the drain.
Nov 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: That could be quite the decider..
Blokes are more likely to get strokes from the beaut of their pursue if they set aside the cider and other brew too. Or as Hamlet said, "VB or with thee, that is the question!" eyebrow
Nov 3rd 2013 new
Cheers! I'll drink to that.
Posts 1 - 10 of 46