Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 03 new
After digressions that took this topic off course, I return to the original subject matter with some related questions.

In relation to dating, what's he difference between healthy self-awareness and inhibitory self-consciousness?

How often in social situations have you been irritated by a person's lack of insight about how some of his actions and impulses convey a negative image of himself?

Over the years, how has deeper insight about yourself contributed to your ability to have a fuller social life?
Nov 03 new
Land sakes alive!!!! Poor John, he's trying to be SERIOUS--can you believe that?

OK, step back and re-group!! Such a party pooper, huh?
Nov 03 new

For dating to be successful, how important is it that both you and your dating partner have a lot of insight into yourselves?

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles."

Trying to get the inside story about insights, insiders and inciters while drinking cider,

Clever. I like you. Have a cider.

Nov 03 new
I'd say it's very important in that it helps with knowing what you want, what your goals are for the future, and the things you know are dealbreakers.
For myself, I think I've done a whole lot of growing the last few years and I now know what I'm looking for. In hindsight, the same insight I have now would have done me good when I was younger in terms of not dating the wrong guys etc.
:)
Nov 03 new
One way that self-awareness would help oneself is to keep oneself away from inappropriate people.
For instance, Q could generally be attracted to the "bad boy/bad girl" type. If Q understood where that motivation came from, Q could re-train him/herself to stay away from that unhealthy type. Actually, I think just the self-awareness itself bursts the particular bubble of attraction--when you see something for what it really is, your perspective changes.
Nov 03 new
(quote) John-184825 said:
Over the years, how has deeper insight about yourself contributed to your ability to have a fuller social life?
It hasn't. It's contributed to an ability to enjoy having an abundant unsocial life. Not being a true hermit, there's a bit of work and a bit of church and parachurch life required to meet the social outreach need but anything after that becomes a bit taxing. The fear of being alone, the fear of flying and the fear of being stalked by a demented clown are either not going to happen --- or they haven't happened yet.
Nov 03 new
Thanks for the help in drawing folks with jokes into focus. Just hope they desist and don't resist the assist. irked
Nov 03 new
(quote) Hunter-996560 said:

For dating to be successful, how important is it that both you and your dating partner have a lot of insight into yourselves?

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles."

Trying to get the inside story about insights, insiders and inciters while drinking cider,

Clever. I like you. Have a cider.

I'm glad that a bit of the comical overcame your being economical in the production of posts. I appreciate the friendly gesture and would suggest a cider together if we lived near the same apple tree.

Your quotes suggests that dating can be like a war. May you win the big battles.
Nov 03 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: I'll drink to that.
I think to that. shhh
Nov 03 new
(quote) Nessa-101876 said: I'd say it's very important in that it helps with knowing what you want, what your goals are for the future, and the things you know are dealbreakers.
For myself, I think I've done a whole lot of growing the last few years and I now know what I'm looking for. In hindsight, the same insight I have now would have done me good when I was younger in terms of not dating the wrong guys etc.
:)
Thanks for taking the time to reply. :) It sounds as though your new awareness came as much from experiences as from what might be called insights in the strict intellectual sense. I suppose that there are some kinds of new consciousness that can never come from insights alone.
Posts 11 - 20 of 46