Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 03 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: One way that self-awareness would help oneself is to keep oneself away from inappropriate people.
For instance, Q could generally be attracted to the "bad boy/bad girl" type. If Q understood where that motivation came from, Q could re-train him/herself to stay away from that unhealthy type. Actually, I think just the self-awareness itself bursts the particular bubble of attraction--when you see something for what it really is, your perspective changes.
Thanks for hyping your typothesis, with an inverted spoon of course. mischievous

I have heard about the bad-boy attraction and about various explanations of the root cause, but I wonder if anybody has ever come up with the right answer. I have my own theory that might fit some of these cases.
Nov 03 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: him/herself 
Why 'Q'? Is Q 'Quentin', one of those boygirl names like Lindsay?
Nov 03 new
(quote) John-184825 said: Thanks for hyping your typothesis, with an inverted spoon of course.

I have heard about the bad-boy attraction and about various explanations of the root cause, but I wonder if anybody has ever come up with the right answer. I have my own theory that might fit some of these cases.
John, I used the 'bad boy' attraction merely as a quick example. I imagine there may not be a single "right" answer for that attraction; it could vary from person to person. However, if a person explored it as it pertained to him/her, knowing the individual why could help to develop a different sort of attraction which could be healthier and more successful.
Nov 03 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Why 'Q'? Is Q 'Quentin', one of those boygirl names like Lindsay?
Oh, the double masculine of yours!

Ever notice how Q and G (q and g) look alike in certain fonts or handwriting?

Q so that the quixotic can turn into the grounded,

the unrealistic become possible, the half-baked become the intoxicating and satisfying love feast.

Er sumpin'.

Nov 04 new
(quote) Michelle-860764 said: Beelzebub = Lord of the Flies. We use canisters of this foul smelling concoction to catch our flies. Then we was them down the drain.
Sounds more like vinegar with a cigar. Evidently you were not warned firmly about over-fermentation and over-fermenting and cementing relationships don't go together. eyepopping
Nov 04 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: John, I used the 'bad boy' attraction merely as a quick example. I imagine there may not be a single "right" answer for that attraction; it could vary from person to person. However, if a person explored it as it pertained to him/her, knowing the individual why could help to develop a different sort of attraction which could be healthier and more successful.
Hi Lina,

A jocular answer to the problem is that, in trying to traverse from "bad boy" to "good boy", she runs into "luke-warm boy" at the midpoint and makes a quick about face with a queasy stomach. Not very funny? I know, but at this time of day-night my comedic abilities are luke-warm at best.

Wishing you good luke, mischievous

John

Nov 04 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said:

Ever notice how Q and G (q and g) look alike in certain fonts or handwriting?

Q so that the quixotic can turn into the grounded,

Or the grounded into the quixotic. And why not? What if inside every windmill, Sancha Lina, is a dragon seeking to be free? Why spend the time tepidly paddling wind when one could be fire blazing in the sky?

Or sump'n.
Nov 04 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: It hasn't. It's contributed to an ability to enjoy having an abundant unsocial life. Not being a true hermit, there's a bit of work and a bit of church and parachurch life required to meet the social outreach need but anything after that becomes a bit taxing. The fear of being alone, the fear of flying and the fear of being stalked by a demented clown are either not going to happen --- or they haven't happened yet.
Nobody calls you paranoid if they really ARE out to get you.

Self-knowledge is critical. I was a sweet, naive 17 year old when I met my kids' dad and a still pretty naive 24 year old when we married. A couple of decades later, I choose a much different kind of person with which to surround myself.

I also have no regrets, since we have 2 beautiful kids together. Regret is a waste of time.
Nov 04 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: Nobody calls you paranoid if they really ARE out to get you.

You mean ... there's really a demented clown out there with a bouquet of stalks rather than flowers?
Nov 04 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: You mean ... there's really a demented clown out there with a bouquet of stalks rather than flowers?
Lol. Dunno, but it sounds like if there is a demented clown, you will be ready. (And precisely how do you plan to do that? I wonder.)

I've never been a big fan of clowns. Misguided metrosexuals, perhaps?
Posts 21 - 30 of 46