Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 04 new
Please. It's enough to worry about a demented clown, let alone one who thinks ........................................................................... SHE is a metrosexual. That's too many stalks short of a bouquet.
Nov 04 new
Hugely important!! I love the comedy here, but if I understand it at all, the main topic is about self-awareness or something;) Then what I am about to post probably doesn't make sense either, LOL!

Things I've learned in my story of life that might help the younger crowd at least:
  • First of all must Love themselves in order to give themselves in any relationship - giving a 100% or more that is.
  • Must leave all hurts and things in the past and move on and carry no baggage to the next New Relationship.
  • Don't try to find someone just because you think you are filling a void, fix the void inside yourself first so that you have room for someone else and hell, living a single life is a life still worth living:)
  • The bad girl/boy scenario happens when we are younger and way too naive to realize that these folks don't love themselves and we are trying to fix them once we feel we get too involved! Usually because they are way too nice in the beginning and very manipulative. It will never work out! They need to become self-aware of themselves and fix themselves and realize that their selfishness comes from demons they are fighting from within and whether they admit it or not, they have no self-incite.
So, at my mid-age I am content to know that although I might have a neat connection physically, take a step back and see how they treat others, their family (mom), then the bad boy/girl scenario will show it's UGLY Face and you will save yourself a lot of disparity and be able to move on quicker and hopefully it won't happen again by becoming too involved -RUN LIKE HELL!

If I knew now what I wish I would have known 20+ years, wow, I might still be married! MEET THE FAMILY FOLKS:)

Good luck hunting everyone:)
Nov 04 new
If you do not know and appreciate yourself, how can you possibly be ready to do the same for another? I think understanding who you are is critical when it comes to relationships since it is 'the real you' that needs to shine in order to attract that one special person who will both compliment and challenge you in a way that elevates both parties.
Nov 04 new
(quote) Cathy-564420 said: Hugely important!! I love the comedy here, but if I understand it at all, the main topic is about self-awareness or something;) Then what I am about to post probably doesn't make sense either, LOL!

Things I've learned in my story of life that might help the younger crowd at least:
First of all must Love themselves in order to give themselves in any relationship - giving a 100% or more that is.Must leave all hurts and things in the past and move on and carry no baggage to the next New Relationship.Don't try to find someone just because you think you are filling a void, fix the void inside yourself first so that you have room for someone else and hell, living a single life is a life still worth living:) The bad girl/boy scenario happens when we are younger and way too naive to realize that these folks don't love themselves and we are trying to fix them once we feel we get too involved! Usually because they are way too nice in the beginning and very manipulative. It will never work out! They need to become self-aware of themselves and fix themselves and realize that their selfishness comes from demons they are fighting from within and whether they admit it or not, they have no self-incite.So, at my mid-age I am content to know that although I might have a neat connection physically, take a step back and see how they treat others, their family (mom), then the bad boy/girl scenario will show it's UGLY Face and you will save yourself a lot of disparity and be able to move on quicker and hopefully it won't happen again by becoming too involved -RUN LIKE HELL!

If I knew now what I wish I would have known 20+ years, wow, I might still be married! MEET THE FAMILY FOLKS:)

Yeah. What I was trying to say. Pretty much.
Nov 04 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Or the grounded into the quixotic. And why not? What if inside every windmill, Sancha Lina, is a dragon seeking to be free? Why spend the time tepidly paddling wind when one could be fire blazing in the sky?

Or sump'n.
Don should stop dragon my heart around and, instead, treat it more delicately and lovingly.
There's a time for tepidly breaking wind, er, windmills; a time for fanning the embers into flames that blaze across the skies; a time for modulating, suppressing or reducing the fire so the heat warms and comforts rather than singes; a time for being Quixote and a time for being Quijano. And if we have a similarly self-insightful companion, the journey, even if it estrellarse de panza, can ganar el cielo, and divertirse besides.

Definitely er sump'n. boggled
Nov 04 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: It hasn't. It's contributed to an ability to enjoy having an abundant unsocial life. Not being a true hermit, there's a bit of work and a bit of church and parachurch life required to meet the social outreach need but anything after that becomes a bit taxing. The fear of being alone, the fear of flying and the fear of being stalked by a demented clown are either not going to happen --- or they haven't happened yet.
short musical interlude:

www.youtube.com
Nov 04 new
(quote) John-184825 said:

For dating to be successful, how important is it that both you and your dating partner have a lot of insight into yourselves?

A related question is, "What experiences have you had, if any, in dating someone who had little or no insight into himself?"

Another related question is, "In looking at some past instances of dating, can you now see that a lack of self insight on your part may likely have prevented 'what could have been' from happening?"

Trying to get the inside story about insights, insiders and inciters while drinking cider,

John

"Trying to get the inside story about insights, insiders and inciters while drinking cider"

Hi John! wave I'm going to head out to Gabe's, where Flat Earth Brewery is tapping their new porter beer.'where I can get to the bottom of it' in a few moments. Will let you know when I return. Cheers, Molly
Nov 04 new
(quote) Cathy-564420 said: Hugely important!!

They need to become self-aware of themselves and fix themselves and realize that their selfishness comes from demons they are fighting from within and whether they admit it or not, they have no self-incite.

Thanks for taking the time to add your experiences. Some of your remarks were of the more common kind about what to do and not do. The one highlighted above was the specific sort I was looking for and it indicates that have some idea that if the other party has little or no insight about himself, it will not be possible to have a healthy relationship. Unfortunately in most cases he will have no clue about this deficiency of insight.

Do you think that it might be the case that for Mr. Right to become Mr. Rite his middle name needs be Insight?

Turning things insight and out while staying out of sight, cool

John
Nov 04 new
(quote) Monica-977379 said: If you do not know and appreciate yourself, how can you possibly be ready to do the same for another? I think understanding who you are is critical when it comes to relationships since it is 'the real you' that needs to shine in order to attract that one special person who will both compliment and challenge you in a way that elevates both parties.
Thanks for contributing your views. I liked your words, since it is 'the real you' that needs to shine. One important thing to remember here is that the real you is not the same as the perfect you. An implication of that is that you should not try to shine as a better person than you currently are as the first step to growth is to admit present deficiencies as is done at the beginning of every Mass.
Nov 04 new
(quote) Molly-688164 said: Hi John! I'm going to head out to Gabe's, where Flat Earth Brewery is tapping their new porter beer.'where I can get to the bottom of it' in a few moments. Will let you know when I return. Cheers, Molly
Hi Molly,

Seems that you can't eschew a new brew. Well, it's true that downing a few with some stew can renew you too.

Looking forward to what I might learn upon your return, wave

John
Posts 31 - 40 of 46