Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 4th 2013 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: I live in the Sacramento, California USA diocese. There was a period of about 1 month earlier this year, due to a flu outbreak in the area, where the bishop asked that people not shake hands at the sign of peace (in any of the parishes) so as not to unintentionally spread the flu virus.

I personally don't shake hand with people at Mass if I have a cold. At the very least, I think that it is considerate gesture to do for your neighbor.

Ed
Thanks, Ed for sharing. theheart
Nov 4th 2013 new
I'd like to add one other point. I often suffer from allergies. When they are active, I may look horrible and may be sneezing and coughing severely and I may even have to slip a cough drop in my mouth during Mass-- but I almost certainly do not have any communicable disease and there is no need for me to stay home on account of it. We have to be careful of rash judgment. We also need to remember that Jesus had nothing but great compassion for the sick. I don't recall Jesus chasing anyone away from him on account of illness-- he tried to heal.
Nov 4th 2013 new
If you have good reason to believe that you will infect the elderly and infants (those typically immunocompromised or deficient) with something which could likely kill them, then it would seem at least sinful as far as being against nature and against charity (insofar as it is an omission of proper care for one's neighbor).
Nov 5th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: I'd like to add one other point. I often suffer from allergies. When they are active, I may look horrible and may be sneezing and coughing severely and I may even have to slip a cough drop in my mouth during Mass-- but I almost certainly do not have any communicable disease and there is no need for me to stay home on account of it. We have to be careful of rash judgment. We also need to remember that Jesus had nothing but great compassion for the sick. I don't recall Jesus chasing anyone away from him on account of illness-- he tried to heal.
Thanks for sharing, Andrew.
Nov 5th 2013 new
(quote) Chelsea-743484 said: If you have good reason to believe that you will infect the elderly and infants (those typically immunocompromised or deficient) with something which could likely kill them, then it would seem at least sinful as far as being against nature and against charity (insofar as it is an omission of proper care for one's neighbor).
Chelsea. I agree with you. That kind of act is really inconsiderate. God bless you, sister.
Nov 10th 2013 new
I've had to sit through a mass with the person behind me coughing on my neck. Then, I'd be sick within a week. even if your intentions are not to make others sick, you never know if the people around you have strong immune systems that can brush off your illnesses. Please be kind and thoughtful of others by not going to Mass during your illness. think of the elderly who may not be able to handle another illness.
Nov 12th 2013 new
That's also very true, Connie. Sick people may infect other people in church during mass. We should think of other people too. God bless you sister.
Posts 31 - 37 of 37