Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 05 new
Thanks Jim!
Nov 05 new
hug good for you! love challenges too
Nov 05 new
theheart theheart theheart rosary rosary rosary theheart Hi Sam,

I love the way you think! You know I, too get tripped up by that question. Do I answer someone who is not 7/7? I try to look at it this way... it is usually those 2 that they answer no to. So, I think that possibly they are not really educated in the faith and don't know exactly what that entails. I was not always a 7/7. I know hard to believe..LOL! Now if someone says no to the teachings on The Eucharist that is a definite no for me. I mean, truly, why be Catholic? As The Most Blessed Sacrament is the source and summit of our faith. Sam, great post as usual. I am going to write you. :)

Nov 06 new
Sam, I had an entire list for the perfect husband. Most of the list was the ideal Catholic husband. I found him, married him, did the whole Church teaching in marriage, etc, and lo' and behold, the man I married was a fraud. I look around at many successful, healthy marriages of family and friends and many are mixed faiths. You know what I have learned the very hard way? I have learned that it is more critical to marry a decent human being. And I have learned that just because you are a Catholic who is a 7/7 does not necessarily equate to decent. God is present and I have learned in the very good men that family and friends are married to, that actions are more critical than words. My brother-in-law is a fantastic man who is a more "Catholic" husband than many true Catholic husbands are. He is not a Catholic, but let's just say, it is only a matter of when. So, can you limit yourself to make your life easier? Sure. But the woman you may be seeking may be someone who doesn't necessarily fit on your list, but rather God's list.
Nov 06 new
Reflect on these bible verses: Luke 11:39, John 4:23, Galatians 6:11. Putting in one sentenece, it say: oh men of this world, how could you keep to what matters to you and do away with issues of great importance; don't you know that true worshipers worship in truth and in spirit; and you who are spiritual should set him right and restore and reinstate him, without any sence of superiority and with all gentleness, keeping an attentive eye on yourself, lest you should be tempted also.
Nov 06 new
(quote) Sam-948516 said: I agree

I would not go further if they refused this as it would obviously cause problems. I meant if a girl showed interest in meeting me, but was not 7/7, should I at least talk to her and meet her and just see what the backstory is?
You can find out what they think by messaging them prior to ever going out on a date with them. It is not necessary to put yourself at risk when it is easy to discuss these things in messages, and if they can't discuss them, that tells you something too.
Nov 06 new
Go Molly Go. thumbsup
Nov 06 new
BRAVO, Wendy, for putting into words the REALITY of a mature Catholic woman who prays for ONE committed husband as opposed to seeking a social life...wherein you can meet, share with, and evangelize, too..In my and your situations...the prioroties shift...and for me...going to the grave with the man whom you thought would live with you through alzheimer's...well it makes you value precious things such as time. On CM the implication in the 7/7 is what you want in your IDEAL sposal relationship...not friendship...unless you are just here for dates...As Wendy says, some women will not just date to date...they date to find their future husband...and while they are all FOR having a nice time and companionship...they KNOW in their heart that married life, home, and children is their vocation...In other words..they are not called to the vocation of sigleness. So, while no one in this discussion is putting down evangelization, denying happiness in non 7/7 marriages..what IS being said, if I hear it correctly...is some of us DO have the time to meet and learn...and others of us...have already met and learned...So, I think we are all on the same page...we just are "coming from" a different spot on the "my present reality" Spectrum.I guess you could call it a "gap"? YIKES "Let us not to the marriage of two minds admit impediments" Basically, there's less disagreement here than it seems....methinks! Just a matter of understanding the different lives we are living here! I understand, Wendy, and I relate to where you are in life very well! Tks B
Posts 21 - 28 of 28