Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Apr 24th 2014 new

My prayer for today:

"Lord Jesus, open our minds to understand the Scriptures that we may fully comprehend the truth of your word. Anoint us with your power and give us joy and boldness to proclaim the Gospel in word and deed." Praying

Apr 25th 2014 new

My prayer for today:

"Lord Jesus, you are the Resurrection and the Life. Increase my faith in the power of your resurrection and in the truth that you are truly alive! May I never doubt your life-giving word nor stray from your presence." Praying

Apr 25th 2014 new
In July 2013, Pope Francis dispensed with the requirement for a second Vatican-certified miracle in the canonization cause of Pope John XXIII who had already been beatified in 2000. Usual Feast Day is date of death of a saint. But St. John XXIII feast day will be celebrated not on June 2, the day of his death but on October 11, the anniversary of the 1962 opening of the Second Vatican Council.

A Prayer in Honor of Pope St. John XXIII

"Loving and gracious God, you gave us good Pope St. John XXIII, a reflection of your Son, Jesus Christ, the light of the world. As the source of our inner peace, help us to be like him, a disciple of peace in our care for the poor, and suffering. Grant that through his intercession, we may receive the grace to serve others as we continue Christ's work among us. We ask this through out Lord Jesus Christ. Amen."

Apr 25th 2014 new
Pope Benedict dispensed with the standard five-year waiting period before a cause for canonization can formally be opened, and Pope John Paul II was beatified in May 2011. Both John XXIII and John Paul II will be canonized in notably rapid time for formal recognition of sainthood to take even centuries to happen. John XXIII will be canonized a little more than 50 years after his death, and John Paul II a remarkable nine years after his death. Instead of the feast for John Paul II being on April 2, it will be October 22, the anniversary of his 1978 inauguration as pope.

A Prayer in Honor of Pope St. John Paul II

"Wise and gracious God, in your divine wisdom you sent Pope St. John Paul II to guide and shepherd the Church in changing times. He courageously defended all human life from conception to death. Through his intercession, we pray, strengthen us to follow in his footsteps so that we might experience 'true joy and authentic love, and a lasting solidarity among peoples'. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen."
Apr 26th 2014 new
"Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world. Amen."
"For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

"Eternal God, in Whom mercy is endless, and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments, we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy Itself. Amen." Praying

Apr 26th 2014 new

My prayer for today:

"Lord Jesus Christ, increase my faith and hope in the power of your resurrection. And give me joy and courage to be your witness to others and to boldly speak of what you have done to save us from sin and death." Praying

Apr 27th 2014 new
"Don't give in to discouragement....... If you are discouraged it is a sign of pride because it shows you trust in your own powers. Never bother about people's opinions. Be obedient to truth. For with humble obedience, you will never be disturbed." -- Blessed Mother Teresa theheart
Apr 27th 2014 new

Prayer to St. John XXIII

Dear Pope John,

Your simplicity and meekness carried the scent of God and sparked in peoples hearts the desire for goodness. You spoke often of the beauty of the family gathered around the table to share bread and faith: pray for us that once again true families would live in our homes.

With outstretched hands you sowed hope, and you taught us to listen for Gods footsteps as he prepares a new humanity: help us have a healthy optimism of defeating evil with good.

You loved the world with its light and darkness, and you believed that peace is possible: help us be instruments of peace at home and in our communities.

With paternal gentleness you gave all children a caress: you moved the world and reminded us that hands have been given to us not for striking, but for embracing and drying tears.

Pray for us so that we do not limit ourselves to cursing the darkness but that we bring the light, bringing Jesus everywhere and always praying to Mary. Amen. Praying

Apr 27th 2014 new

Prayer to St. John Paul II

Oh, St. John Paul, from the window of heaven, grant us your blessing! Bless the church that you loved and served and guided, courageously leading it along the paths of the world in order to bring Jesus to everyone and everyone to Jesus. Bless the young, who were your great passion. Help them dream again, help them look up high again to find the light that illuminates the paths of life here on earth.

May you bless families, bless each family! You warned of Satans assault against this precious and indispensable divine spark that God lit on earth. St. John Paul, with your prayer, may you protect the family and every life that blossoms from the family.

Pray for the whole world, which is still marked by tensions, wars and injustice. You tackled war by invoking dialogue and planting the seeds of love: pray for us so that we may be tireless sowers of peace.

Oh St. John Paul, from heavens window, where we see you next to Mary, send Gods blessing down upon us all. Amen. Praying

Apr 28th 2014 new
Lord, you can make beautiful music out of me.
Take me, form me, and teach me to move with your Spirit so that I can sing your praises.

Amen Praying This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200