Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Nov 4th 2013 new
Thanks for sharing your beautiful story and memories. You are blessed to know what it's like to be loved by a man who was so selfless. I pray that the happy memories of Paul will comfort you in times of sadness.
Nov 4th 2013 new
This is from a memorial card for a dear friend who passed not too long ago. I share it with you now since I think it may remind you that this is really only a temporary separation - you will be together again in love and joy.

"I am home in Heaven, dear ones:
Oh, so happy and so bright!
There is perfect joy and beauty
In this Everlasting Light.
All the pain and grief are over!
Every restless yearning past;
I am now at peace forever,
Safely Home in Heaven at last.
Dear one, do not grieve so sorely,

For I love you dearly still;

Try to look beyond earths shadows,

Pray to trust Our Fathers Will.
When your work is completed,
He will gently call you Home;
Oh! the rapture of that meeting!
Oh, the joy to see you come." - Unknown

Nov 4th 2013 new
rosary Praying rosary
Nov 4th 2013 new
Praying
Nov 4th 2013 new
What a blessing to have had him in your life. The greatest gift is to be loved.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.
Nov 4th 2013 new
May the Lord always walk with you.
Nov 4th 2013 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said: I suppose I should have added to my original post that Paul and I got married in 1979 when I was 16 years old. We had five great kids and now have 7 beautiful grandchildren. He passed away from cancer, in my arms at our beloved cabin, where he wanted to be.

He also gave me a priceless, selfless gift...he said he was the luckiest man in the world to have married me and he said he wanted me and the kids to go on living and loving, to never be 'mad at God' for not healing him, because we don't see the big picture, but must trust that the Lord's Plan is best.

He gave me permission and his blessing to find love again because he didn't want me to be alone. Paul said men would be beating down the doors for a chance to win my heart. Well, so far, no doors are being broken down, just a few taps here and there. All in God's time, as Paul always said.
May be because Paul knew the "real you" and these other men have not had that opportunity yet!
Nov 4th 2013 new
Praying rosary hug
Nov 4th 2013 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said: Thank you, David.

All five of my kids and their kids and spouses and my sister-in-law's family were at Mass this morning. When we took up the gifts and my pastor embraced me (he and Paul were very close) there wasn't a dry eye in the building. We all went to the cemetery, then back to my cabin for a cook out.

My door definitely has a lot of people constantly going in and out...but no one ever knocks! And that's just fine by me...all are welcome in this place. Just ask some of the folks who attended the 5th Annual CM Indy campout at my place this past October!
Tracy - hug hug hug

You are a true jewel, and Paul saw that. Others see or will see that too as they meet you and get to know you. I have had the pleasure and honor of doing just that - becoming your friend, sharing experiences and stories, bonding over laughs, bonfires, parties, games, baby cows, delicious breakfasts (!!) and yes, even tears. Your stories brought Paul to life in my mind - I only wish I could have known him during his time here on earth - he sounds like a wonderful faith-filled man who had his priorities straight. The love you two shared will always be precious - and some lucky man will one day show you once again how very worthy you are of that kind of selfless love.

In God's time, in His way, with His love!

I love you dearly, my friend. rose heart Remember, you are never alone.
Nov 4th 2013 new
Praying theheart
Posts 21 - 30 of 47