Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Age to low - Distance to far

Nov 5th 2013 new
When you slide over the 75, ouch!, and you are young minded and full of get up and go that is a very good thing. However, finding a match is challenging. The men who sound great are either to young or live to far away. I have sent out my one sided chats and they have gone over the cliff. Once in a while I receive a nice reply and it's fun. I enjoy my side of the chat so I have to settle for that. I try to be light hearted about the process. Expect less, hope for more and as someone said on this site .......keep swimming!
Nov 5th 2013 new
it's no different at my age..........God bless
Nov 5th 2013 new
That is true! Not one man in 6 months! Subscription expires this month. Sadly, I will not renew.
Nov 5th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: That is true! Not one man in 6 months! Subscription expires this month. Sadly, I will not renew.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah........I've decided to stay for my spiritual edification.....mine is 29 dec.
Nov 5th 2013 new
Or my age, Susan! Then again, the 20-, 30- and 40-somethings are all saying the same thing. It's strange that there are so many single people wanting to find that special someone, yet, so few of us can seem to connect with each other on an other-than-friendship basis!! Chelle
Nov 5th 2013 new
scratchchin How young is "too young"?
Nov 5th 2013 new
At my age either, a waste of my time, as there are better things in life than typing to others who never respond.
Nov 5th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: How young is "too young"?
below 21??
Nov 5th 2013 new
(quote) Chelle-924354 said: It's strange that there are so many single people wanting to find that special someone, yet, so few of us can seem to connect with each other on an other-than-friendship basis!! Chelle
This is something I've wondered about myself. In this way of meeting people, it is easy to pass by so many people. I think it's a part of our (broken) human nature to hope for something better. It's easy to look at a singles websites as online shopping... just looking at the different offerings and picking out the one we like best. The problem is we continually look past many people who would truly make a suitable spouse for each other.

We have to get past our own hangups. A lot of times the reasons we look past people are for things we convince ourselves are just not good enough. I believe that no matter how much we protest, the secular world has affected us all. I'm not saying I'm immune to all this, there is no doubt that I am.

After 15+ years on a few different Catholic singles websites, there is no doubt in my mind that I have passed by many women who would make a wonderful wife for me. I'm also sure that I have been passed by many women when I would have made a great husband for them.

We can lament about what has happened in the past or attempt to do better from this point forward. For me, I pray daily that God gives me the wisdom to discern who would make me a good spouse for me and for the strength to pursue her.
Nov 5th 2013 new
(quote) Rob-362135 said: This is something I've wondered about myself. In this way of meeting people, it is easy to pass by so many people. I think it's a part of our (broken) human nature to hope for something better. It's easy to look at a singles websites as online shopping... just looking at the different offerings and picking out the one we like best. The problem is we continually look past many people who would truly make a suitable spouse for each other.

We have to get past our own hangups. A lot of times the reasons we look past people are for things we convince ourselves are just not good enough. I believe that no matter how much we protest, the secular world has affected us all. I'm not saying I'm immune to all this, there is no doubt that I am.

After 15+ years on a few different Catholic singles websites, there is no doubt in my mind that I have passed by many women who would make a wonderful wife for me. I'm also sure that I have been passed by many women when I would have made a great husband for them.

We can lament about what has happened in the past or attempt to do better from this point forward. For me, I pray daily that God gives me the wisdom to discern who would make me a good spouse for me and for the strength to pursue her.
Good post, Rob - full of painful truths.

I agree we do pass folks by too quickly sometimes. We also expect too much, too soon - we put unbelievable pressure on ourselves AND the other person, most of the time without even realizing it.

Why not just let the friendships blossom? It's not a BAD thing to develop a friendship, is it? MOST couples I know who said they were friends FIRST are the ones still together - they got to know each other, laugh, share stories, and they truly respected and LIKED each other. In time, and sometimes as a complete surprise, it became apparent that one or both felt a little more. The beauty of it is that by then, their comfort level and respect for each other allowed them to talk openly about what was / might be happening between them. I think most singles are in such a darn hurry to be part of a 'couple' that they rush things, and torpedo the whole budding relationship when they get frustrated it's not moving forward the way they want it to.
Posts 1 - 10 of 26