Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Nov 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Rob-362135 said: This is something I've wondered about myself. In this way of meeting people, it is easy to pass by so many people. I think it's a part of our (broken) human nature to hope for something better. It's easy to look at a singles websites as online shopping... just looking at the different offerings and picking out the one we like best. The problem is we continually look past many people who would truly make a suitable spouse for each other.

We have to get past our own hangups. A lot of times the reasons we look past people are for things we convince ourselves are just not good enough. I believe that no matter how much we protest, the secular world has affected us all. I'm not saying I'm immune to all this, there is no doubt that I am.

After 15+ years on a few different Catholic singles websites, there is no doubt in my mind that I have passed by many women who would make a wonderful wife for me. I'm also sure that I have been passed by many women when I would have made a great husband for them.

We can lament about what has happened in the past or attempt to do better from this point forward. For me, I pray daily that God gives me the wisdom to discern who would make me a good spouse for me and for the strength to pursue her.
very nicely said.. and i don't think too far off the mark. scratchchin Praying
Nov 24th 2013 new
I believe it is simply a function of the limits of online dating. I believe that many times, if we were to meet such and so person in the flesh (say as co-workers, or at a fourth of July picnic), then either one of us might experience a very different feeling. My thought is, there are so very many choices among those seeking matches online that we get, I dont know, greedy, or picky, and tend to think there must be better matches down the road. And often times, there isnt. And so, weve passed on a lot of interesting possibilities. Does this make sense to anyone?
Dec 2nd 2013 new
This seems to be the story of this site I also am tall for a woman Some of the men that I am interested in are too short I don't mind a few inches;but not 6 or 7.There is one that seems to have a great personality;even his notes make me smile.I don't expect that I will ever meet him
Dec 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Doug-974859 said: I believe it is simply a function of the limits of online dating. I believe that many times, if we were to meet such and so person in the flesh (say as co-workers, or at a fourth of July picnic), then either one of us might experience a very different feeling. My thought is, there are so very many choices among those seeking matches online that we get, I dont know, greedy, or picky, and tend to think there must be better matches down the road. And often times, there isnt. And so, weve passed on a lot of interesting possibilities. Does this make sense to anyone?
excellent point. [meeting in person is miles different than here]
Dec 3rd 2013 new
Internet is great for bringing people together initially but it is horrible for keeping them together more than a few minutes.
Dec 4th 2013 new
Swimming my favourite sport. biggrin lovestruck! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star!
Posts 21 - 26 of 26