Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

AN OPEN LETTER TO POPE FRANCIS

Nov 11th 2013 new
www.renewamerica.comNovember 10, 2013

An open letter to Pope Francis
By Randy Engel

On a Papal Commission of Inquiry into Homosexuality, Pederasty and La Lobby Gay in The Catholic Church

9 November 2013

His Holiness, Pope Francis
Apostolic Palace
00120 Vatican City State
Europe
Nov 12th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/engel/131110November 10, 2013

By Randy Engel

On a Papal Commission of Inquiry into Homosexuality, Pederasty and La Lobby Gay in The Catholic Church

9 November 2013

Apostolic Palace
00120 Vatican City State
Europe
The ravings of a person who completely missed what the Pope actually said. Another nit picker looking for something to find fault with. How sad!
Nov 12th 2013 new
Paul,

I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but it's easy to make a sweeping statement of dismissal. Politicians do it daily. Can you be more specific? Examples with back up are the better argument.
Nov 12th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/engel/131110November 10, 2013

By Randy Engel

9 November 2013

Apostolic Palace
00120 Vatican City State
Europe
If the Church expelled homosexual clergymen, the number of priests probably would go down by 75 percent in some dioceses.
Nov 12th 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: The ravings of a person who completely missed what the Pope actually said. Another nit picker looking for something to find fault with. How sad!
Didn't take the "Defenders of Francis the Awesome" long, did it? mischievous
Nov 12th 2013 new

By Randy Engel

9 November 2013

Apostolic Palace
00120 Vatican City State
Europe
Way, way too long to read for someone who has a life and also has work to do. A summary would be helpful. I don't want to read a whole book on this.... On to the next topic.

Ed
Nov 12th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: Didn't take the "Defenders of Francis the Awesome" long, did it?
Not necessarily a defender of Pope Francis.

Just calling his automatic detractors what they are.

Since his election, he has only said or done one thing that could possible qualify as something to complain about. But only to those shoot from the hip detractors who refuse to even consider that they are the ones who are probably wrong. Yes, those self-styled traditionalists who really aren't.
Nov 12th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: Didn't take the "Defenders of Francis the Awesome" long, did it?
In today's Manichean world, the pope is either good or bad. Defenders line up on one side and detractors on the other.
Nov 13th 2013 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: In today's Manichean world, the pope is either good or bad. Defenders line up on one side and detractors on the other.
The behavior described isn't limited to the pope: can you find one significant issue discussed in these forums where this isn't true?
Nov 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Not necessarily a defender of Pope Francis.

Just calling his automatic detractors what they are.

Since his election, he has only said or done one thing that could possible qualify as something to complain about. But only to those shoot from the hip detractors who refuse to even consider that they are the ones who are probably wrong. Yes, those self-styled traditionalists who really aren't.
I agree with Paul.
As I read through the different forums, I am really shocked at people who have a negative mindset to Pope Francis. Wow. I am just speechless. When falling away Catholics are being inspired by him, and 3 million show up at World Youth day, and there is always a positive energy, a sense of genuineness, a sense of humbleness, a sense of mercy, when he goes out with the public, is truly something to be in awe about, and my prayers are with him for his continuation and people have become excited about him and his leadership with the catholic church.
Posts 1 - 10 of 11