Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 13th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: Too bad there is not a vitamin for a Passive Side Deficiency.
laughing
Nov 13th 2013 new
thanks to all for being so hilarious...............what a nice way to start a day!
Nov 13th 2013 new
(quote) John-184825 said: My thought was largely for the doers who need to tone down the doing at certain critical moments.
I have seen very few "doers" here and not a single one who needed to tone down his approach. Most of them need to turn up the volume a bit.

What is the real problem? scratchchin I'm thinking there are thousands of men who live their lives paralyzed with the fear that "she'll get mad". eyepopping

Phooey on that, let her get mad if she likes, then you know she has a short fuse and you move on...or not.
Nov 13th 2013 new
My main question was whether, in addition to the active, there was an aspect of human presence that was a requirement for social relationships.

Thank you, John, NOW I understandYes, absolutelyso, in other words, men require the presence of the woman to "read" her and to then be genuinely "moved" in order to receive deeper meaningand communicate in a way that women desire?

Do I have that right, John???

If so, I certainly agree.
Having taught in an all male environment for a number of years, and after raising 5 young men to adulthoodand on to marriage for several of themI DO agree based on this small experiential samplingguys seemed to pick up gals intuitive, deeper conversational levels in person. Presence quadruples the comprehension levels of communication. Hope I am on target, here? Help?

Nov 13th 2013 new
rolling eyes Hum exactly...
Nov 13th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: My main question was whether, in addition to the active, there was an aspect of human presence that was a requirement for social relationships.

Thank you, John, NOW I understandYes, absolutelyso, in other words, men require the presence of the woman to "read" her and to then be genuinely "moved" in order to receive deeper meaningand communicate in a way that women desire?

Do I have that right, John???

If so, I certainly agree.
Having taught in an all male environment for a number of years, and after raising 5 young men to adulthoodand on to marriage for several of themI DO agree based on this small experiential samplingguys seemed to pick up gals intuitive, deeper conversational levels in person. Presence quadruples the comprehension levels of communication. Hope I am on target, here? Help?

cool
Nov 13th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: ...turn up the volume ...
Yeah, baby. Ya gots to rap harder on the walls of the house of loooove :wears baggy clothes, baseball hat turned backwards and does the hands stuff
Nov 13th 2013 new
(quote) Michelle-860764 said: Tunnel of Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMmincfTgnM
Just remember that if you spend too much time in the tunnel of loaves, media01.stockfood.com , it will expand something, but not your chances to ever reach the tunnel of love. mischievous

Nov 13th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: Too bad there is not a vitamin for a Passive Side Deficiency.
I was surprised that the abbreviation, "PSD", can stand for so how many different things, en.wikipedia.org , none of which are Passive Side Deficiency (yet?). smile

Nov 14th 2013 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said:

So, it is in a man's best interest to be passive so as not to be passed by as long as that passivity is none too pervasive as to cause the comatose state often attributed to one hand on a beer and the other on the remote? Ok then, carry on.

Hi Kathy,

I appreciate your thoughts, I think ,maybe. mischievous

My guess is that a lot of men, maybe me included, lack the ability to have that moment of passivity that allows a woman's real message, feelings and personal presence to enter him in a way that reaches him at any deep level. Although a lot of men don't have any awareness of this need for a kind of passivity at certain times, I'd guess that a lot of them are aware of the discomfort and awkwardness that they have when a woman is trying to reach them and they don't know how to respond and so they pull away from her attempts to enter. Ya, a beer and reaching for the remote might fool her; that is, keep her from finding out that we're at a loss regarding what to do.

John

Posts 41 - 50 of 79