Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Nov 15th 2013 new
(quote) Chris-589554 said: Marge---you said it!!! last year I didn't put up anything--mainly, being alone and trying to drag boxes down from the attic and then downstairs and through the hall into the living room and then reverse it----too much work!! But, I too go through the motions--I think I've become a very good actress. At least, I think, they don't know. Except, they're always saying: Smile for the camera, MOM. Are you smiling? then, I really don't want to smile. BAH, Humbug!!!
Thanks Chris. I am sorry you don't want to smile. I have to force it too. And I don't decorate anymore. It was my favorite holiday for decorations. And all the beautiful spirit I had in me no matter how commercialized it all got. But now I shrug and don't really want to celebrate. I guess I have turned into the Grinch! Praying hug
Nov 15th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: Happy Holidays does not mean you must feel what you cannot feel right now, at this present time.
Do not beat yourself up or feel you have to muster up.

Rather than merry, I have tried just finding a peace. You know? Making a peace with yourself that you're okay, just not "into" everything. Christ can give us that kind of peace. So, we widows and widowers need to be kind to ourselves. We don't need to be phony and plastic with Christ. He understands loss and heartache and wounds.Sometimes we feel truly fine and on top of our game, and other times we are in the dregs of what feels like solitary confinement. Holidays-wow-it can be a roller coaster for sure.

If we are functioning in reality, taking physical and spiritual care of ourselves, handling responsibilities well, contributing to our community in service or charity, reaching out to others who need us, honoring God with obedience and trustTHAT can be a Happy ChristmasGod is a God of surprise and promise, so who knows how He can gift us this year? And, too, we know HE will never leave us even if we are not being great elves this Christmas!
As we keep the faith, we can know there is One who abides-no matter what! Hope this helps a tiny bit? It's just how I can be "free", and still remain true to self.

Thanks Barbara I got out of order there. Yes they're the roller coaster for sure! I think I am staying true to self. I put up a phony front in front of everyone. Most don't really know I am hurting, but in church or just talking to God, He knows. I do pull away and have some time to myself during these times of the year. Then I can go out and have that smile on my face again. Life does go on and I have excepted that. Praying hug
Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I feel like that every year, but "go through the motions" for the kids. I honestly cannot wait until they are all away at college and I can just go to Mass on Christmas and forget everything else.
Glad even though mine are big they are still around at least for Mass and until lunch.I also enjoy the cooking,cleaning etc. Thank God they have been around.
Nov 17th 2013 new
just in keeping with this theme.................I love having my kids sit and
visit around me but the gifting is too much.......will head toward more advent preparations
Nov 21st 2013 new
roseThanks Sherrill-ann and Susan..GBU heart
Nov 21st 2013 new
Jane - I do pretty OK during the holidays. There are ups and downs but I have them at other times during the year, too. Be Gentle with Yourself! Best advice I got when I loss Mike and during those times - I just go with it, tears and all! It never goes away ~ it just gets easier.

Have you considered going on retreat during Christmas? It's just a thought.

Blessings to You, Dear Jane ~ You are in my prayers!
Ginger

Nov 21st 2013 new
roseThanks Ginger Dear! I will think about that. Thanks for the words and prayers! hug
Praying for you too! Praying
Nov 23rd 2013 new
The holidays are more to me. God brought Jesus so I can built a stronger relationship with Him not only receiving but also in prayers, most beautiful is the Holy Hour in union with Blessed Virgin Mary also the rosary. Solitude is truly difficult but time to reflect, retreat, and discern, asking how I can truly be disciple and light in the world as I have so much to offer. As aforementioned by members, how can I volunteer and grow in faith, but most esp in heart. Although, it is wonderful to share and be with someone to celebrate with and that is the emptiness in the chair...

I personally celebrate Christmas every day - bc we are the light, love, and gift of God through volunteering, prayer, and Holy Mass. Christmas is when I spend my time to thank Blessed Virgin Mary and God for everything I received thoughout my life, family, friends, parishioners, priest, and for those who are sleeping in Christ, as well CM member who gives me great joy.

The gift to decorating remind the gift and joy - tree w/ornaments as a memorial and thanksgiving and Nativity scene continuity of the advent wreath.

May our loving and gentle mother, Blessed Virgin Mother and God bless and fill your days with abundant graces, love and joy, this Christmas season and throughout the year bring you the peace only that Jesus can give.. hug Praying theheart rosary rose rose rose
Nov 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: The holidays are more to me. God brought Jesus so I can built a stronger relationship with Him not only receiving but also in prayers, most beautiful is the Holy Hour in union with Blessed Virgin Mary also the . Solitude is truly difficult but time to reflect, retreat, and discern, asking how I can truly be disciple and light in the world as I have so much to offer. As aforementioned by members, how can I volunteer and grow in faith, but most esp in . Although, it is wonderful to share and be with someone to celebrate with and that is the emptiness in the chair...

I personally celebrate Christmas every day - bc we are the light, love, and gift of God through volunteering, prayer, and Holy Mass. Christmas is when I spend my time to thank Blessed Virgin Mary and God for everything I received thoughout my life, family, friends, parishioners, priest, and for those who are sleeping in Christ, as well CM member who gives me great joy.

The gift to decorating remind the gift and joy - tree w/ornaments as a memorial and thanksgiving and Nativity scene continuity of the advent wreath.

May our loving and gentle mother, Blessed Virgin Mother and God bless and fill your days with abundant graces, love and joy, this Christmas season and throughout the year bring you the peace only that Jesus can give..
rose theheartBeautiful..thank you Genie. theheart rose
Dec 4th 2013 new
The holidays are definitely hard. I have come a long way in my journey but I know that there are always unexpected triggers and even when I go to Mass, sometimes it is just a lot to handle. A lot of my friends aren't practicing and so I inevitably go to Mass alone....and I think that in anticipation of Jesus' birth, it's obviously meant to be a joyful time but sometimes that all gets so lost in todays society.
Posts 11 - 20 of 27