Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Dec 8th 2013 new
(quote) Diana-1005014 said: The holidays are definitely hard. I have come a long way in my journey but I know that there are always unexpected triggers and even when I go to Mass, sometimes it is just a lot to handle. A lot of my friends aren't practicing and so I inevitably go to Mass alone....and I think that in anticipation of Jesus' birth, it's obviously meant to be a joyful time but sometimes that all gets so lost in todays society.
rose theheartI pray for you Diana! I go to mass alone every time, I do know many people at mass, but that is not the same, I know. It is good to sit at peace with Jesus and be with Him, but it would be nice to be with him too. God's plan is not our plan, in His time. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays santahat xmastree theheart hug
Dec 8th 2013 new
I think this is the first year in FOREVER (!) that I have looked forward to Christmas. I keep my focus on the birth of Christ and that keeps my spirit uplifted. The tree and decorations are up, I have an Advent wreath, fresh flowers and Christmas plants in the house, presents wrapped for the ones I love, the Crib is set, and I have my cookie baking plan of action in place! I listen to Christmas music, do extra volunteer work and spend extra time with friends. I go to Christmas mass with my best friend and her children which helps all of us feel better. When I feel lonely at home I read the scriptures, pray the Rosary, read articles on CM and The Institute. I start my day with a "Good morning God! What way can I serve you best today?" I wish you a very merry Christmas and pray that your spirit will be lifted during this Holy season.
Dec 9th 2013 new
Praying Praying rosary
Dec 9th 2013 new
Thank you all for sharing on this topic. This will be the first year my daughters and I have spent in our home since my husband passed away in 2010. Other years were occupied with travel and distraction. We are working on the bucket list of what to do over the break. I am trying to be joyful but find myself in low spots and feeling unlovable. Self talk and coffee with friends and being gentle helps! I find if I over schedule I get tired and sadness creeps in and having 2 teenagers does not help either. Open for other suggestions please!
Dec 9th 2013 new
(quote) MaryBeth-902916 said: Thank you all for sharing on this topic. This will be the first year my daughters and I have spent in our home since my husband passed away in 2010. Other years were occupied with travel and distraction. We are working on the bucket list of what to do over the break. I am trying to be joyful but find myself in low spots and feeling unlovable. Self talk and coffee with friends and being gentle helps! I find if I over schedule I get tired and sadness creeps in and having 2 teenagers does not help either. Open for other suggestions please!
GBU and take good care of yourself. Praying theheart
Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) Michele-989480 said: I think this is the first year in FOREVER (!) that I have looked forward to Christmas. I keep my focus on the birth of Christ and that keeps my spirit uplifted. The tree and decorations are up, I have an Advent wreath, fresh flowers and Christmas plants in the house, presents wrapped for the ones I love, the Crib is set, and I have my cookie baking plan of action in place! I listen to Christmas music, do extra volunteer work and spend extra time with friends. I go to Christmas mass with my best friend and her children which helps all of us feel better. When I feel lonely at home I read the scriptures, pray the Rosary, read articles on CM and The Institute. I start my day with a "Good morning God! What way can I serve you best today?" I wish you a very merry Christmas and pray that your spirit will be lifted during this Holy season.
rose Beautiful thanks Michele rose hug
Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) MaryBeth-902916 said: Thank you all for sharing on this topic. This will be the first year my daughters and I have spent in our home since my husband passed away in 2010. Other years were occupied with travel and distraction. We are working on the bucket list of what to do over the break. I am trying to be joyful but find myself in low spots and feeling unlovable. Self talk and coffee with friends and being gentle helps! I find if I over schedule I get tired and sadness creeps in and having 2 teenagers does not help either. Open for other suggestions please!
Praying for you Mary Beth God Bless You theheart hug
Posts 21 - 27 of 27