Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Why can't we know

Nov 16th 2013 new
I have really one (actually 2 but kind of combined).

I want to know why we cannot see if the message we send was at least read. I feel this would eliminate the "OMG did she/he read it and not attracted or interested" feeling that we get. You know I am right. We all feel that way at one point.

Why can't we know when was the last time someone has logged into the site. Would someone write a caring and real message to someone that has not logged on in months. I know that I have written many messages and wonder did she/he read them, when is the last time they logged in and that is why they have not read my message.

I feel if features like this might attact more members.

What do you think?
Nov 16th 2013 new
(quote) Caesar-1003937 said: Why can't we know when was the last time someone has logged into the site.
When viewing a profile, look for the heading "Active" in the "Quick View" section on the left side.

Nov 16th 2013 new
I actually never saw that section till now. Thank you.

However, that still does not address the issue if a message was reads or not. I feel this would at least eliminate the "Did she/he read it yet". This is my view in helping eliminate that question.

If that is somewhere already here, I do not see it.
Nov 16th 2013 new
Hi Caesar,
I was once on another site that allowed you to see if someone has read your message. Believe me, it does not relieve anxiety. In my case, I wondered why the guy read my message but never replied back. This process of trying to meet people to discern a relationship leading to marriage is not an easy one. Hang in there.
Nov 17th 2013 new
I think the best way to get to know people on CM is to go to events, read and jump into the forums and chats. It is important to pray for your future mate and pray that you will cross paths.
Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-363720 said: I think the best way to get to know people on CM is to go to events, read and jump into the forums and chats. It is important to pray for your future mate and pray that you will cross paths.
Amen to that!!
Nov 17th 2013 new
I can't really add much more than what has already been said. It looks like you're still learning your way around here. As previously mentioned don't just rely on CM to send emails to meet someone, become a bit more actively engaged in the Forums where you see active members and also become more familiar with the other offerings on CM.
In Christ. Praying
Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) Caesar-1003937 said: I want to know why we cannot see if the message we send was at least read.

Why can't we know when was the last time someone has logged into the site.
Both of the above were features a few years ago, including last online, 1, 2, 3, 4 ... days ago.

They were very helpful.
Nov 18th 2013 new
We did used to be able to see if a message was read.. Believe me it did not help.. Only made people mad because they weren't getting a reply back... Lot's of "I sent a message and that rude person didn't even bother to write me back." posts in the Forums.. I've taken the point of view that once that message is sent you should just move on and not dwell on it unless you get a message back.
Nov 18th 2013 new
Hi,
I agree with the people who say that if you know if someone's read your message it makes you more anxious. Ever had that when you're using Imessage on the Iphone?
One of the most anxious things I've ever experienced.
I generally don't tend to send messages to people if it says "Active in the last 2 weeks" What's the point?
Posts 1 - 10 of 13