Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) CatherineRose-996317 said: A friend uses a different online dating service, and showed me a profile of a man she thought was a find. I was aghast to find out it was someone I'd known for most of my life. And his profile was nothing like him!
I think when you've been an active member as long as I have it gets to the point that I can't be anything but myself., not that I've ever really tried to do otherwise. There are too many people that really no me that would call me out on any false representation of myself. Same is true of FB. In fact, the majority of the people I have as contacts on FB are friends from CM. It was CMmers that introduced me to FB (when FB was still playing second fiddle to MySpace-- long ago.)

If anything, I think the online me is the best version of myself, who I strive to always be. I take that back-- the best version of me is at an Indy Gathering (the rest is not far off!) Come find out! Our Christmas Party is Dec 14 (see the Events Page or email me.)

the only true way to know someone is to be in his or her presence. What a blessing we have the Eucharist!!

Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said: I think when you've been an active member as long as I have it gets to the point that I can't be anything but myself., not that I've ever really tried to do otherwise. There are too many people that really no me that would call me out on any false representation of myself. Same is true of FB. In fact, the majority of the people I have as contacts on FB are friends from CM. It was CMmers that introduced me to FB (when FB was still playing second fiddle to MySpace-- long ago.)

If anything, I think the online me is the best version of myself, who I strive to always be. I take that back-- the best version of me is at an Indy Gathering (the rest is not far off!) Come find out! Our Christmas Party is Dec 14 (see the Events Page or email me.)

the only true way to know someone is to be in his or her presence. What a blessing we have the Eucharist!!

I have just received my first CM invite on FB wink
Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) CatherineRose-996317 said: A friend uses a different online dating service, and showed me a profile of a man she thought was a find. I was aghast to find out it was someone I'd known for most of my life. And his profile was nothing like him!
My FB page could be reviewed by potential employers, so I {hope} that I keep it consistent and clean, with very little personal stuff. Sometimes I have updated some medical info, more for my family. Any opinionated comments are made in private rooms. I also disclose very little personal info on my FB page. I do think that my comments and opinions are consistent with what I would type here. For the most part, I am brief, mostly because my valuable advice might get ignored, and I would have wasted my effort! laughing

Quite frankly, there are members of my family whose political opinions don't jive with mine, but I don't start arguments online. I try to use all of this social media as newspapers, browse briefly, and then go do something constructive.
Nov 17th 2013 new
embarassed Um....I use a fake name on FB.
Nov 17th 2013 new
I feel honesty is important so I also am the same here, there, and everywhere! I am the same at work as I am at home.

Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said:  the best version of me is at an Indy Gathering (the rest is not far off!) Come find out! Our Christmas Party is Dec 14 (see the Events Page or email me.)
wave biggrin hug hug
VERY nice plug for our Christmas party, Dawn! We're definitely our most extroverted 'selves' at our parties - we're a whole bunch of fun!!! shhh cool

Everyone should consider this a official nudge to come to Indy. Check the event page for details, and don't hesitate to get in touch with any of the Indy crew that you see posting on here with any questions.

I'm pretty much the same on FB as here too. I probably tell more warped jokes there based on actual experiences though - ones my family and high school pals will understand too. BUT - I'm not looking to date any of my FB friends either - they are actual friends IRL or ones I've indirectly gotten to know via other CM pals.

It surprises me how so many people on ANY social site (including CM) will post pity party/ whiny comments, or remarks using a sharp-edged 'humor' but directed at actual victims (got news for you, folks, that's NOT humorous - its bullying), passive aggressive comments, or bashing while generalizing broad groups of people (men, women, non 7/7's, etc) posts. Why would anyone want that to be the impression they give of themselves, especially on a dating site?

(I'm not counting politics - that's always going to be an emotional minefield no matter where you post.) wide eyed
Nov 17th 2013 new
No, they do not match, as I am not on Facebook. wide eyed
Nov 17th 2013 new
You're my new best friend Dawn wink Kidding aside, thank you lovely lady. hug As mentioned in your post many of my FB friends are CM people too. I cannot think of one who on FB is not as he or she portrays here.

Dawn and Mary are treasured sisters, and I cannot sing enough praise about them. Yes, I think we all care enough for each other that should something be said contrary to our faith, someone will speak up. Another thought that redirects and/or corrects thinking is shared, and it's all very good.
Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said: I think when you've been an active member as long as I have it gets to the point that I can't be anything but myself., not that I've ever really tried to do otherwise. There are too many people that really no me that would call me out on any false representation of myself. Same is true of FB. In fact, the majority of the people I have as contacts on FB are friends from CM. It was CMmers that introduced me to FB (when FB was still playing second fiddle to MySpace-- long ago.)

As someone who is blessed to have Dawn as a great friend, I can totally confirm that I know the REAL Dawn from the enumerable times I've had the pleasure to spend time with her at many events in Indy, Cinci or our "Halfway Ole" dinners biggrin

I see her on CM and on FB and her profile/presence on these websites are extremely close to the amazing person that I know she truly is.

Thanks for your friendship Dawn, I love you heart See you at the CM Indy Christmas party on December 14th (everyone's invited, so check out the events page and sign up if you can make it).
Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) Rosemarie-58633 said: I am the same on FB as I am here.
Rosemarie is another one of the amazing people I've met through CM that I feel blessed to have a part of my life. Her heart is so sweet and kind, that I can confirm she is truly a woman who is close to Jesus. You are in my prayers, my friend. See you soon Rosemarie. God bless you. Love, Rob
Posts 11 - 20 of 62