Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 18th 2013 new
Well put, Jerry. Political negativity/name calling is almost always unattractive to potential mates. We're all opinionated, especially here in the forums, but my experience is that it's best not to take it along on a date. I was married to a Democrat, but we kept our politics to ourselves and focused on other matters.
Nov 18th 2013 new
I realise the identity concerns with FB, but it is fabulous for staying in touch with relatives and playing a stupid game or two
Nov 18th 2013 new
My Facebook is pretty much the same. On facebook I am a regular at saying Happy Birthday to my friends and sending greetings out to everyone on Holidays.
Nov 19th 2013 new
My FB page may reveal a bit more of me than my CM profile, but nothing that's inconsistent with what I've shared here. Certainly nothing I would hide from a potential spouse. On any given day I might post something about the music business, local history, Catholicism, architecture, wood working, sailing, and yes, politics. I try to screen the political stuff for solid sources and to weed out unwarranted vitriol. But, I'm not above a good shot of snarky cynicism.
Anyone who spent a month writing to me or talking on the phone would learn just as much in short order. My friends list spans the gamut of races, religions, gay & straight, political leanings. I try hard not to provoke anger or hatred, but I'm not afraid to speak what I believe. Sadly, that's more than I can say about some of my FB friends who are prone to posting some really offensive things without thinking twice. I've resorted to hiding the feeds of some of my oldest friends.
If a CMer wants to see my FB feed after we've exchanged a few letters or calls, she's welcome to it.
Nov 19th 2013 new
I feel both presences represent the real me. To me it makes no sense to present yourself differently, even slightly, as if you meet someone, it will become evident very quickly. This is dishonest, to both yourself and the other.

The only different I can think of is in the nature of the two websites. On CM I've written my profile to give many details that are not on my FB page. On my FB page, I have some privacy concerns, so I don't share that much personal information. (i.e. I don't 'like' many things on FB, as FB tracks that stuff, but here on CM it's important for me to list the things I like, even my favorites).
Nov 19th 2013 new
I think for the most part my Facebook and catholic match profiles are the same I am a bit more political on Facebook but I am not mean to anyone.
Nov 19th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: No, they do not match, as I am not on Facebook.
Yay! I am not alone! We are just too cool for school. laughing
Nov 19th 2013 new
Yes.
Nov 19th 2013 new
(quote) John-132457 said: My FB page may reveal a bit more of me than my CM profile, but nothing that's inconsistent with what I've shared here. Certainly nothing I would hide from a potential spouse. On any given day I might post something about the music business, local history, Catholicism, architecture, wood working, sailing, and yes, politics. I try to screen the political stuff for solid sources and to weed out unwarranted vitriol. But, I'm not above a good shot of snarky cynicism.
Anyone who spent a month writing to me or talking on the phone would learn just as much in short order. My friends list spans the gamut of races, religions, gay & straight, political leanings. I try hard not to provoke anger or hatred, but I'm not afraid to speak what I believe. Sadly, that's more than I can say about some of my FB friends who are prone to posting some really offensive things without thinking twice. I've resorted to hiding the feeds of some of my oldest friends.
If a CMer wants to see my FB feed after we've exchanged a few letters or calls, she's welcome to it.
wave Hi John! hug Hope you are well!!
Nov 20th 2013 new
(quote) CatherineRose-996317 said: Sorry, I hit Enter too early. Anyway, this man lived nothing like his profile detailed. Even I would have loved to have met the profile-man. But I knew he was very different. This got me to thinking-are we living what we present ourselves to be? Does our real-life FB wall show us to be opinionated, degrading to the opposite sex, negative, inconsiderate? Or does it flesh out our moral code in action? I'm going to look at my own page to see...
My CM profile emphasizes my very traditional Catholic faith, while my Facebook wall gives a fuller view of my entire personality (sports fanatic, movie junkie, etc). The Catholicism is also heavily featured on Facebook, though, because being Roman Catholic is a big part of who I am. My Catholic Match profile is figuratively equivalent to a closeup photograph of my best facial feature, while my FB wall is sort of like an entire headshot. This doesn't necessarily mean that the CM profile is dishonest. But I'll grant that the CM portrait is obviously far less complete that what my FB wall reveals. I think venue has a lot to do with that, and not purposeful deceit or manipulation.
Posts 31 - 40 of 62