Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 20th 2013 new
Excellent topic! This one is very easy for me. I would want to go back to when I was born, & become a MUCH BETTER son to my parents & make them genuinely proud.
Nov 20th 2013 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: Go straight to heaven and take as many as I could with me!! The valley here is still a valley of tears. I know I will never truly be happy anywhere except with God!
Tim, Yours is outstanding! Gilbert, I'll be serious now. If I had a bunch of money....I know of at least 4 "poor" parishes I would give to for their "building funds" We have increasing "priestly vocations" here...but the seminary needs a lot of attention and actually needs to be added on to for future rooms. And needs new Central air. And, the Cathedral de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe downtown is in serious need of repair. it is indeed a huge LANDMARK here in Dallas. Would love to help the diocese out.
Nov 20th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: Tim, Yours is outstanding! Gilbert, I'll be serious now. If I had a bunch of money....I know of at least 4 "poor" parishes I would give to for their "building funds" We have increasing "priestly vocations" here...but the seminary needs a lot of attention and actually needs to be added on to for future rooms. And needs new Central air. And, the Cathedral de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe downtown is in serious need of repair. it is indeed a huge LANDMARK here in Dallas. Would love to help the diocese out.
Great minds, Jerry....
I've long fantasized that if I were to win the Powerball, I'd like to start a foundation to preserve old Church structures here in our beleaguered city. Such that no parish would ever be forced to close solely for financial reasons, and so that even in closed parishes, buildings would never fall into unrecoverable disrepair or be used for a truly inappropriate purpose.

I'd kinda like to relive my early 20s too. But, that's another story. smile
Nov 20th 2013 new
(quote) John-132457 said: Great minds, Jerry....
I've long fantasized that if I were to win the Powerball, I'd like to start a foundation to preserve old Church structures here in our beleaguered city. Such that no parish would ever be forced to close solely for financial reasons, and so that even in closed parishes, buildings would never fall into unrecoverable disrepair or be used for a truly inappropriate purpose.

I'd kinda like to relive my early 20s too. But, that's another story.
John, several years ago the Diocese appropriated funds to "finish" the Cathedral. In other words (and it is at least 120 years old) it had stood without a "bell tower" and bells for years on end. When this work was finally done....it was over a million dollars. But well worth it. For one thing the Cathedral looks neat with those huge bells and steepled tower...and for another those bells sound off beautifully. One of my Fathers' "bucket list" things was to take him down there and view them and be present when they chimed. You can hear them blocks away. Prior to that, the P&Z (planning and zoning committee) decided the old landmark needed to come down! (the real reason was the value of the property!) They found out VERY quickly by "His Excellency" that "Consecrated" ground was untouchable. But the beautiful structure really does need some interior repairs. It is sad....and I would love to help~
Nov 20th 2013 new
This is too easy. I want to date and marry the lady of my dreams (detailed in my profile). Honestly, nothing else really matters much to me.
Nov 20th 2013 new
Thst my children will find their way bsck to Jesus and the Church.
Nov 20th 2013 new
That and the ability to see myy typos before hitting the post button when on my phone.
Nov 20th 2013 new
(quote) John-559440 said: That and the ability to see myy typos before hitting the post button when on my phone.
And....I'd like to travel again. There are plenty of beautiful spots right here in our country I've never been to....and I'd like to go again to Europe...because there was plenty I missed. For instance....I WILL NOT go back without a vist to Lourdes and Nevers (where St Bernadette is) And I would like to go to Fatima. Also Ireland would rank up there near the top of the list. Also the Holy House of Loretto. But the most important place is the Holy Land. Gosh...that would be something!
Nov 20th 2013 new
I would find a way for those who are divorced to seek annulment, peace, healing and anew leash on life whether it be financial, counseling, support as it is daunting, personal, painful, and intimitating to fill the forms. Thus they can find also a spouse/partner if they choose too.

Also, for those who have gone astray/cradle esp. family members and those whom we love and care so deeply this my deepest desire.

They most especially be reconcile and rebuild a stronger relationship with the Blessed Virgin Mary and God who love them soo much and waiting with open arms. hug Praying theheart rosary rose rose rose
Nov 20th 2013 new
Great topic..
1. Knowledge that my whole family and dear ones will go to heaven some day.

2.Have a better understanding of life's frustrations

3.Have the faith not to worry.
Posts 11 - 20 of 60