Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Nov 24th 2013 new
(quote) Rosemarie-58633 said: Good for you Sam!!! I love the theater too! Today I'll be driving to Indy to see Wicked.

As for stepping out of my comfort zone, a few years ago I took a huge leap and attended an event here, the Indy chili cookoff. A nervous Nelly, that all dissipated once there. I was met with smiles and hugs of welcome and these people have become treasured friends. Now we get together periodically for this or that; truly a blessing
Spectacular! I'll be waiting for your review of Wicked.

I haven't made it to a CM event, yet. Perhaps that needs to go on my bucket list. scratchchin
Nov 24th 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: I have done a lot of stuff by myself. Before and after my marriage. I just don't sit around and wait for someone to want to go, I just go!
Good for you! If I had to wait around to find someone to do things with, I would not go anywhere. The only thing I shouldn't do alone is go on a backpacking trip, because if I tried that I'd probably get myself in a dire situation with no way out!
Nov 24th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: okay, I'll admit I am a self care junkie. Mostly I take classes, [all kinds of classes] for enjoyment mostly and to learn stuff.
I'd like to do a dance class. People have been kind enough to say I dance well, but I've never learned steps, how to count music or any of the formal parts of dancing. Something to consider...
Nov 24th 2013 new
Jane, Margaret and Chelle, thanks for being good examples for me. The tricky part is that I have NO free time, so getting out as a single person requires premeditation. I'll get the hang of it!
Nov 24th 2013 new
Sam, Wicked was great! Galinda's character was beyond awesome!

Nov 24th 2013 new
I think I hear Wilbert Harrison singing....noteKansas City, Kansas City here I come...note

As for getting out and about, these days I'm doin' precious little. smile
Nov 24th 2013 new
This summer I started more long distance cycling - averaging 100 miles a weekend. It definitely was outside of my comfort zone - both in challenging myself to longer rides and also staying on the bike seat! tongue Now I need to figure something out as a winter time comfort zone challenge!
Nov 24th 2013 new
I find that doing things that put me near others who are most likely doing those things with friends (maybe boyfriends and girlfriends or spouses) only depresses me even more. It's like salt in the wound. About the only thing I can do that I mostly enjoy is driving across the country through cornfields and meadows where all I see are cows, pigs, and old barns with faded Mail Pouch tobacco ads-- at least there are no constant reminders of how lonely I am.
Nov 24th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: I find that doing things that put me near others who are most likely doing those things with friends (maybe boyfriends and girlfriends or spouses) only depresses me even more. It's like salt in the wound. About the only thing I can do that I mostly enjoy is driving across the country through cornfields and meadows where all I see are cows, pigs, and old barns with faded Mail Pouch tobacco ads-- at least there are no constant reminders of how lonely I am.
hug We all struggle with this.
Nov 24th 2013 new
I went to college! I will have a masters degree in about a month! My next adventure is to start training to be a runner! My car pool partner is a young man who started running this spring...he sounds like he has a good time so I am going to try it!
Posts 11 - 20 of 119