Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Nov 24th 2013 new
  • After spending 27 years with my husband in charge of getting us to where we wanted to go, just driving places was an adventure. Thank goodness for the GPS! Waterparks were always a favorite destination, ice fishing contests, taking the train to the Twins game or the Holidazzle parade downtown Minneapolis, or zip lining in Northern Minnesota have been a blast and beyond my original comfort level. We even spent a week at a cabin. All these things have had my kids in tow as I don't have anyone to take them for a night, but everything we try has become a new family favorite.
  • Next up will be trusting my children home alone while I travel to Chicago for work. Now that, will be way outside my comfort zone!
Nov 24th 2013 new
I think that my life is still mostly an adventure everyday. I don't have many good friends and no family here in SC and it seems like that is needed for a comfort zone.
Going on 9 years ago I just left everything in Ohio that was my comfort zone to start my life in a different environment and create a new lifestyle. Even though my company relocated me to this area, there is no longer anyone here that I worked with when I was in Cincinnati. Joining Toastmasters is kind of an adventure since I'm mostly an introvert and never was too good of a speaker. Socializing with Baptists is also an adventure since they don't like Catholics so it's not usually comfortable to be around them.
Nov 24th 2013 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: I don't want to be dependent on waiting until I meet someone to do them with, if that makes any sense. I am trying to choose one thing a month.
wink cool You go, girl!!!
Nov 24th 2013 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: I'd like to do a dance class. People have been kind enough to say I dance well, but I've never learned steps, how to count music or any of the formal parts of dancing. Something to consider...
Two step, waltz and polka are simple to learn. I never tried ballroom but imagine it would be fun to learn also.
Nov 25th 2013 new
I just sailed my 28 foot sailboat 2500 nautical miles from Ra'iatea in French Polynesia to Viti Levu in Fiji, with stops along the way to explore Bora Bora, Suwarrow in the Cook Islands, Pago Pago in American Samoa, Vava'u and Ha'apai in Tonga, and Vanua Levu in Fiji. I did the part from French Polynesia to Tonga single handed and then explored Tonga and Fiji with a 27 year old woman I met in Tonga and taught how to sail. Sailing several 3-7 day passages on the open ocean single handed was outside my comfort zone, and living with a 27 year old British woman in a small boat was also outside my comfort zone, but both worked out OK. Sometimes it is good to stretch ourselves!
Nov 25th 2013 new
Sam,

That is awesome!! You go girl!

I alas have no adventures in sight, but I just might start thinking some up now.

Lauren
Nov 25th 2013 new
Gerald, that really was an adventure on many levels. Hope you kept a journal :-). Lauren

Nov 25th 2013 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said: After spending 27 years with my husband in charge of getting us to where we wanted to go, just driving places was an adventure. Thank goodness for the GPS! Waterparks were always a favorite destination, ice fishing contests, taking the train to the Twins game or the Holidazzle parade downtown Minneapolis, or zip lining in Northern Minnesota have been a blast and beyond my original comfort level. We even spent a week at a cabin. All these things have had my kids in tow as I don't have anyone to take them for a night, but everything we try has become a new family favorite.Next up will be trusting my children home alone while I travel to Chicago for work. Now that, will be way outside my comfort zone!
These adventures sound awesome- particularly zip lining! Love it, Kathy!

I hope your house is still standing when you return. I left my 12 year old and 7 year old for 2 hours yesterday and felt pretty nervous about it. (My sister keeps pointing out that the 12 year old is old enough to get paid to babysit OTHER people's kids; he can watch his sister for a bit.)
Nov 25th 2013 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: I think that my life is still mostly an adventure everyday. Socializing with Baptists is also an adventure since they don't like Catholics so it's not usually comfortable to be around them.
LOL!
Nov 25th 2013 new
(quote) Gerald-283546 said: I just sailed my 28 foot sailboat 2500 nautical miles from Ra'iatea in French Polynesia to Viti Levu in Fiji, with stops along the way to explore Bora Bora, Suwarrow in the Cook Islands, Pago Pago in American Samoa, Vava'u and Ha'apai in Tonga, and Vanua Levu in Fiji. I did the part from French Polynesia to Tonga single handed and then explored Tonga and Fiji with a 27 year old woman I met in Tonga and taught how to sail. Sailing several 3-7 day passages on the open ocean single handed was outside my comfort zone, and living with a 27 year old British woman in a small boat was also outside my comfort zone, but both worked out OK. Sometimes it is good to stretch ourselves!
What an amazing adventure!
Posts 21 - 30 of 119