Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Nov 25th 2013 new
(quote) Kevin-696435 said: Two step, waltz and polka are simple to learn. I never tried ballroom but imagine it would be fun to learn also.
Now that harvest is done, you'll need to shine up your dress boots and go have a little fun!
Nov 25th 2013 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: Joining Toastmasters is kind of an adventure since I'm mostly an introvert and never was too good of a speaker. Socializing with Baptists is also an adventure since they don't like Catholics so it's not usually comfortable to be around them.
Good job for joining Toastmasters!
Surely, SC Baptists can't be so different from Oklahoma Baptists!
I usually read people pretty well and can't recall meeting any Baptists who didn't like me because of my faith (and Catholics are greatly outnumbered here in the Sooner state).
I have had/have family, friends and co-workers who are various flavors of Baptist, as well as Church of Christ, Assembly of God, Lutheran, Native American Church, non-denominational, Buddhist and agnostic. The key is to connect with the person as an individual and not just on the basis of their beliefs. At least, that's what I've found.

Nov 25th 2013 new
(quote) Jeanne-1031332 said: Good job for joining Toastmasters!
Surely, SC Baptists can't be so different from Oklahoma Baptists!
I usually read people pretty well and can't recall meeting any Baptists who didn't like me because of my faith (and Catholics are greatly outnumbered here in the Sooner state).
I have had/have family, friends and co-workers who are various flavors of Baptist, as well as Church of Christ, Assembly of God, Lutheran, Native American Church, non-denominational, Buddhist and agnostic. The key is to connect with the person as an individual and not just on the basis of their beliefs. At least, that's what I've found.

meant to add this little verse:

'They drew their circle to keep me out.
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the will to win;
We drew our circle and took them in.'

Works for me :)
Nov 25th 2013 new
How long did it take you?
Nov 25th 2013 new
Well I went skydiving and bought a house. The one turned out great the other not so much.
Nov 25th 2013 new
Does this mean, on balance, you have stayed on the ground and thrown the house out of the plane?
Nov 25th 2013 new
Dance lessons have been a great addition to my life. I began a line dance class where they also did western squaredance. (The costume is still out of my comfort zone) Then a fella and I met when we each had attended a bluegrass venue alone. We became dance partners. Took some inexpensive dance lessons ie waltz and swing. Tried contra now enjoying Round Dancing which is cued ballroom type. There are sometimes angels (other peoples partners )that dance with you in class. But single gals are not that welcome. I enjoy the mental and physical aspects and it nice clean fun. Come single guys step up your game and get on the dance floor! You'd have plenty of company and great fun.
Nov 25th 2013 new
I want more adventure! I've added riding motorcycles to my life, but only behind the real driver! I'd like to take dancing classes too, and ride a sailboat, climb a mountain, swim in the ocean, and walk the Appalachian Trail. Anyone want to come along?
Nov 25th 2013 new
Jeanne,

A fellow Okie. I love that verse. I am going to write it down and read it often. :-)
Nov 25th 2013 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: One of my biggest challenges is getting back out into the world as a single person. I spent a long time as a spouse and I am still a full time mother and a teacher. Those roles are comfortable for me. I want to step OUT of my comfort zone and do adult things. I don't want to be dependent on waiting until I meet someone to do them with, if that makes any sense. I am trying to choose one thing a month.

This month's adventure is that I bought one ticket, (a great seat!) to Broadway on Tour's "Beauty and the Beast" in Kansas City. While my kids are with their dad Friday night, I'll drive down, check into a hotel, see this amazing production and drive back by noon on Saturday to pick up kids. I love live shows, Belle is my favorite Disney princess, (closely followed by kick-a$$ Mulan), and this production has received rave reviews. I feel so happy, like I am giving myself a precious gift!

Would I rather have a special someone at my side? Sure. But since that's not available, I'm choosing to make the best of things and do what I love.

What have you done lately to get out of your comfort zone? I could use some ideas for my next adventure!

Hi Sam!

Another vote here for our bibliophile Belle! rose

I've done lots of the fun stuff folks mentioned...sky diving (Whoo hoo!), yachting (but not Fiji! Wow!), half marathons...theater...I'm out of touch, a Les Mes and Phantom fan (look forward to the Wicked review) Great ideas!

As an "A.D.D. Where is the best party?" extrovert and 330 days of Sunshine outside, it has been one heck of a challenge to sit still inside long enough inside and burrow through 365+ Catholic and Western classics! A bibliophile banquet, so to speak...

Sounds nerdy to some...but whereas I used to go to movies, etc. and walk out bored I can walk out of Gravity and World War Z with my own "Father Barron" take on everything. Even the most boring stuff I used to take for granted is like, well, amazing and mysterious and wonderful.
Posts 31 - 40 of 119