Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Nov 29th 2013 new
(quote) Linda-982758 said: Well it is an obvious spark just from a eye to eye contact after having some time together. I feel that is what God does isn't it ? God can make planets collide right? It is that moment that you just know and it is mutual. It does happen, can happen and should happen. This does not mean that you just walk along and wham a random person.. but it is that moment when a friendship shifts, when an acquaintance changes, when conversation and sharing ignites the heart, mind , body and soul. We ar made to love and be loved. Isn't that Grand? Linda
What would your reaction be if, in the middle of this instant connection, the person slapped you in the face or puked all over you?

Nov 29th 2013 new
I beg your pardon.
I find your reply plain rude!
Also quite obnoxious and crude.
Nov 30th 2013 new
(quote) Linda-982758 said: I beg your pardon.
I find your reply plain rude!
Also quite obnoxious and crude.
Why? Because it clearly exposes the fallacy of the romantic myth of love at first sight?

Consider how you would answer the same questions if asked about someone you really love, such as your child. See the difference?

Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, [love] is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injuryit does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing. For we know partially and we prophesy partially, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. (1 Cor 13:4-10)

Nov 30th 2013 new
I would prefer it that you do not reply to anymore of my posts/ Thanks
Nov 30th 2013 new
This forum is open to all members who paid for the privilege -- no one gets to say that any particular member is not to reply to a post, Linda. Jerry is a great guy and most probably didn't mean to offend you, just point out what he sees as true in a way that would get his poiny across. There will be many views expressed on here that might be different from yours -- we all encounter that. No need to take things too personally.
Nov 30th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: Work, commitment and time! !
Yikes, that love stuff is hard.
Wait! There's actual EFFORT involved?! rolling eyes I'm outta here. Just kidding! wink

Love is all about sacrifice. It also brings joy beyond measure. (That whole crucifixion/resurrection thing.) I have said before: my best 'love teachers' are my kids.
Nov 30th 2013 new

As Rachel has pointed out, folks are just expressing their opinions and it is probably best not to take things personally.

On that note:

The difference between a child one loves that does something socially unacceptable and an adult one loves who does something socially unacceptable is that the adult should know better. It is not a sign of genuine love versus a false infatuation. And for the record, I believe that there is a very real difference between infatuation and true romantic love. There is great wisdom in Catholic teachings, and an adult gentleman and an adult lady who approach a Catholic courtship in a way that honours each other and honours God is a beautiful thing to witness. rose

Nov 30th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: What would your reaction be if, in the middle of this instant connection, the person slapped you in the face or puked all over you?

Wow! Must have been a horrible experience for you Jerry...
Nov 30th 2013 new
I do not believe in love at first sight as such, but I do believe that there could be a spark that gets someone into getting to know someone which leads to true love developing and possibly even marriage.
Nov 30th 2013 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said: Sorry, I didn't know I was in the young'ns room.
Not a problem. You are most welcome here.
Posts 31 - 40 of 77