Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 29th 2013 new
I suppose I should add my own idea of adventure ... let's see scratchchin

.... wearing shorts outdoors on a cold day in the winter. Years ago in undergrad, there was this guy who wore bermuda shorts all year round. In the winter he'd wear a toque along with his shorts. And no, I do not believe he was impoverished. I think he just wore shorts all the time because he was making a statement of some sort.
Nov 29th 2013 new
I like the Steel Magnolia DVD in your man cave, that was funny!

Cross country skiing at night between cabins

Taking underwater photographs under a pier in almost shark infested waters at night with only the light of your flashlight illuminating your surroundings.

Travelling the explorers path canoeing down their river path over a period of weeks.

Having a Trans Pacific Romance

SCUBA Diving on a far out island being dropped off for ten days with a generator for the tanks, tents, provisions, spear gun and some clothes for a few days.

Take computer hardware through customs in Jakarta and try to prove that you are there to teach not sell these items whilst trying to interpret indonesian.

Love with wild abandon after being through more than any reasonable person can withstand of trials and tribulations

Linda angel

Nov 30th 2013 new
(quote) Linda-982758 said: I like the Steel Magnolia DVD in your man cave, that was funny!

Cross country skiing at night between cabins

Taking underwater photographs under a pier in almost shark infested waters at night with only the light of your flashlight illuminating your surroundings.

Travelling the explorers path canoeing down their river path over a period of weeks.

Having a Trans Pacific Romance

SCUBA Diving on a far out island being dropped off for ten days with a generator for the tanks, tents, provisions, spear gun and some clothes for a few days.

Take computer hardware through customs in Jakarta and try to prove that you are there to teach not sell these items whilst trying to interpret indonesian.

Love with wild abandon after being through more than any reasonable person can withstand of trials and tribulations

Linda

Very adventurous with the best for last!!!
Nov 30th 2013 new
(quote) Angela-374523 said: I suppose I should add my own idea of adventure ... let's see

.... wearing shorts outdoors on a cold day in the winter.
I get a lot of grief for wearing dresses in the winter. First of all, my legs don't get as cold as my head or arms if they were left uncovered. Secondly, I dislike wearing pants and will only do so if I am outside for recreation or labor, or inside my cold house. I sorta cheat in the summer because I do like wearing shorts!
Nov 30th 2013 new
My adventure is to relax which would be a big treat for a day only, but this would be a dream only, since I don't know what it entails, most likely won't miss it....life is a big adventure ... My two cents

something I would like is balloon ride, perform as comedienne, write a book

Dec 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Jeff-406043 said: This question constantly pops up on interviews and is my least favorite question because none of the answers make any sense and I actually wish there was a fill-in-the-blank option or "none of the above" option on some of them. So, I recently came up with a list of some possible answers for this question and I was wondering what you all think, okay? Here goes:

"What is your idea of adventure?"

1) Wearing a San Francisco Giants jersey at Dodger Stadium.
2) Trying to sit through "2001: A Space Odyssey" without falling into a deep coma.
3) Listening to Ozzy Osbourne narrate his autobiography on CD without a translation. BTW when did we start having subtitles in this country in English for people who speak English?
4) Walking into a bad crime area and announcing "Hey! Who wants to play 'The Knockout Game' now? I'm gonna knock you out! Mama said knock you out!" Yeah, probably not a good idea.
5) Swimming in shark-infested waters in Thailand.
6) Trying to log into the Obamacare website without receiving a "404 error".
7) Karaoke singing to REM's "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" and whipping the crowd into a frenzy when they sing the one line that they know "Leonard Bernstein!"
8) Wearing a Boston Red Sox jersey at Yankee Stadium.
9) Ice skating with no protection for my body in case I fall. Seriously, I'm clumsy enough as it is. Must we had freezing water?
10) Having a copy of the "Steel Magnolias" DVD be visible in your Man Cave.

Okay, I'm done for now. What do you say? :)
Every day is an adventure!
Dec 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Every day is an adventure!
Can i add/stretch smile biggrin crossfingers , the venture going into the wild and wonderful world of oz, as i open and step out of my door, not knowing what will come my way. Am i prepared with loving hug and token of my loving heart which includes my Dove Praying rosary rose rose :rose:
Dec 2nd 2013 new
I'm more adventurous than some and less adventurous then many others I know in my adventure group. Rock climbing up a mountain holds no interest for me but I'll hike up the mountain if theres a way. I'll go tandam skydiving but now solo.

I would love to trek up to Victoria falls or hike the Eiger Trail in Europe those are my two dream trips. I'd love to do a scooner cruise where you learn to sail the ship. Sailing is one of those things I've always wanted to do but the weather never cooperates when I'm in a place I could do it. I live in land locked Missouri with only small rivers no decent sailing to be had. I could do lots of caving if the caves where open. Missouri has the second most number of caves in the country but they've all been mostly closed due to the whitenose epidemic killing off the bats.
Dec 3rd 2013 new
OMG you got a death wish? Wearing the wrong jersey will get ya killed!
Hmmm...my idea of adventure is usually of the international sort. Treking in Iceland is near the top of my list. Up there close is an adventure to Turkey. A coworker was telling me today about the ancient Christian Village of caves...and staying in a cave hotel. Any country with hotsprings is at the top of my list. Also on the bucket list is ice skating on a real outdoor pond. Scuba diving with hammer heads is also up there...
Dec 4th 2013 new
Adventure can vary from person to person. I like to be open to new Experiences and I always find myself having a blast and having the most enjoyable time ever.. Perfect example is when I went to Hawaii for the very first time, since I am an spontaneous person, my partner I had by that time, we both the same, one day, We found ourselves picking up some few items and heading to the airport for our excited trip to Hawaii, We had a Blast!! and not to mention about the little things that happen in my life every day with my family and friends, thats the most enjoyable joy my heart can ever feel
So, the word "Adventure" for me is "I try Not to say " No" to something that makes me Smile and makes me happy, just that simple! Life is too short, God give me the gift to live another day, so I enjoy it to the fullest by doing things that me happy, even the little things that life present each day, because, at the end, those little things are the ones that I treasure for lifeHave a Bless day All smile wave
Posts 11 - 20 of 32