Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 3rd 2013 new
Susan,

We used to laugh at the "crazy" Baptists. But at this point if I had kids. There would be no TV, cell phone or the Internet.

At some point you justa gotta put your foot down. Explain to your kids it is us versus them. Even if the "them" will say "that's not very Christian".

I say to them...

It's not very LEGAL for you to be on the Internet waiting for my daughter to turn 18 so you can take her to your adulterous bed. And it's not very Christian of me either to say "I hope you drown in your hot tub instead". OK I need to take a moment to count to ten or pray to Jesus.

Happy thoughts...happy thoughts...help me out here buddy. Praying
Dec 3rd 2013 new
It's like. Washed up? Go to shock.

Shock television can save anyones career.

Mr Baldwin and I have a love hate relationship. Some days he speaks and I want to punch him in the face. Othertimes I find myself in agreement with him.

Personally I think he's one flew over the cuckoo's nest. boggled

Folks from Indiana are not big fans of the Sheen family either. I'm pretty sure they kinda disowned us. But! Give it up for Martin. For grabbing his son by the ear and giving it a tug.
Dec 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: It's like. Washed up? Go to shock.

Shock television can save anyones career.

Mr Baldwin and I have a love hate relationship. Some days he speaks and I want to punch him in the face. Othertimes I find myself in agreement with him.

Personally I think he's one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Folks from Indiana are not big fans of the Sheen family either. I'm pretty sure they kinda disowned us. But! Give it up for Martin. For grabbing his son by the ear and giving it a tug.
For those clueless what exactly is AHS?
Dec 3rd 2013 new
John. What you see when you google it is nothing. Those clips are approved for all audiences. You know. So kids can talk their parents into letting them watch it.

The Hollywood devils are always trying to spread their...vomit. cookie

After they candy coat it. hersheyskiss
Dec 3rd 2013 new
Jim,

It's the spawn of the devil. Or. American Horror Story.

It will make any Catholic run to do a rosary. rosary
Dec 3rd 2013 new
Will someone let me in on the second inside joke or is this Aussie just a mad hatter. laughing
Travelling in a fried-out combie
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said,

"Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscle
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said,

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover." (Yeahhh!)

Dying in a den in Bombay
With a slack jaw, and nothin' much to say
I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me
Because I come from the land of plenty?"
And he said,

"Oh, you come from a land down under? (oh yeah yeah)
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? (ooohh)
You better run, you better take cover."

We are..

Livin' in a land down under,
Where women glow and men plunder, (yeahhhhhhhhhh)
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? (thunderrrrr!)
You better run, you better take cover.

Dec 4th 2013 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said:

Why did I even bother asking that question? It obviously is. That's why I chose to use an acronym. I would not wish this on anyone who hasn't already watched it. But last week they may have found my limit.

Pretty sure they weren't on this week with Thanksgiving. So last week our heroine...hmm...I can't even say it. With all the blasphemy and anti Catholic sentiment. Demonic imagery being the least of it. Let's just say they were still able to go to a place beyond that making me feel sick to my stomach.

Because in real life it appears to have become an everyday occurrence. Leaving middle aged conservative single men with nothing but loneliness. While liberals are having their cake and...well...we will leave the pun out of this.

Not really looking for a detailed public forum on the subject. Just wondering why we torture ourselves by watching things that we don't really agree with. And if we stopped watching these things do we even have the power to bring about a premature ending?

Do you believe that together we can restore a center...middle ground...pop culture...that is stomachable...something we don't mind having around?

Or do you think all of these unthinkable things that we see are a message from God meant to turn us around entirely...away...from "what's going on"?

I mean, I had problems watching the Muppets "Holiday" Spectacular even.

Would it have killed them to say "Christmas"?

I think I know which show you're talking about. I found it very disturbing last week. Everybody is just so evil and practically demonic. I just like finishing a story I start, but perhaps I'll make an exception here. The ending totally upset me. It went too far.
Dec 4th 2013 new
Melanie,

It wasn't even that two of the people were dead that disturbed me. It's that there were three of them. That's not love and it's definately not fairness.

I do find it refreshing to find a woman that did not find that scene somehow empowering.

Kudos to you Sister for being with me. hug
Dec 4th 2013 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: Melanie,

It wasn't even that two of the people were dead that disturbed me. It's that there were three of them. That's not love and it's definately not fairness.

I do find it refreshing to find a woman that did not find that scene somehow empowering.

Kudos to you Sister for being with me.
I don't get that any one should bother watching the show if it's that bad wide eyed scratchchin
Dec 4th 2013 new
As bad as it is I still can't decide if it's a bad thing. It's just one of many things that are happening around me that are scaring me back to Jesus. At least this one is fiction. Not sure that being disturbed or afraid or possibly insane are the best reasons to go back to him. But if it gets the job done. Saves my soul for heaven. Then the devil hasn't won.

Follow me Hon? rose

Even after all of this I haven't made my final decision and will probably turn it back on to see if my previously innocent heroine changes her mind or something.

crossfingers
Posts 31 - 40 of 65