Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 4th 2013 new
I saw the commercials at the end of the summer and for some reason I really wanted to watch this and programmed my dvr to record all the episodes. Then, I never watched them! After the third week, I just cancelled the recording and erased them (I think - or they might have just dropped off). It sounds like I made the right choice.
Dec 4th 2013 new
It's big budget, great sets, historical even, top notch television. It's just so otherwise... Evil. faint
Dec 4th 2013 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: Melanie,

It wasn't even that two of the people were dead that disturbed me. It's that there were three of them. That's not love and it's definately not fairness.

I do find it refreshing to find a woman that did not find that scene somehow empowering.

Kudos to you Sister for being with me.
I think the entire storyline was supposed to be an empowerment. In the first episode, a woman got raped and the man lived. Okay, that's horrible. However, was I supposed to root for Zoe regarding her solution?

But what upset me the most about last episode was the thing about the maid,the other witch, and the blood. That was beyond evil.

Dec 4th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: I don't get that any one should bother watching the show if it's that bad
For some reason, I like supernatural stuff. The problem with supernatural shows is that they often go too far and take liberties with religion. I feel addicted to Supernatural. It doesn't have nudity or anything like that, but it has to be the most offensive show around in regards to taking liberties with religion. Usually, I just see stuff as entertainment. Something about AHS really bothered me last time. it's just recorded at my house again and I'll have to decide if I want to watch it.
Dec 5th 2013 new
It was really boring this week, but it's leading up to something big. I am truly starting to understand something Melanie. It isn't watching it that is a sin. It's talking about it. It really is.

Take s!x for example. People always did it. It's just when people became open about it. It hurt other people. People who were lonely. People who were trying to live like good Christians. And especially children.

Because people started talking about s!x the dream of love no longer exists.

There's just some things that should remain dirty little secrets. That's why Catholics confess our sins in private to a priest. "They" may call us hypocrites. But when you really understand it. You understand why that is.

Thanks for chatting. Can I call you friend? Pretty sure I will talk to you again. rose
Dec 5th 2013 new
I did just realize the witches name in question is Melanie also. I don't want to ruin it for you, but love is in the wind. I actually believe they are going to right the injustice. wink

Dec 5th 2013 new
Just what is AHS?
Dec 5th 2013 new
It's in here somewhere but I'm not telling. That would be like married people trying to tempt a single girl into their hot tub. It's my sin and I've decided I'm not going to give it to anyone else.

Feel blessed that I didn't. hug
Dec 5th 2013 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: Just what is AHS?
You really dont want to know. But if you ever see TV listing for American Horror Show dont watch it.

fyi last horror movie I saw The Exorcist in the theater in 72 or 73.
Dec 6th 2013 new
(quote) John-559440 said: You really dont want to know. But if you ever see TV listing for American Horror Show dont watch it.

fyi last horror movie I saw The Exorcist in the theater in 72 or 73.
biggrin Thanks John, now I know why I didn't know what that stood for. I don't watch horror shows, or stories.
I remember watching the " Exorcist" too, when it first came out. I think that was the last horror story I saw. That was enough for me

I could say more about exorcism , but that would be another thread.
Posts 41 - 50 of 65