Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 10th 2013 new
Hey Hon this was fun but I'm done. At least for a while. Have to go back to the drawing board and regroup my thoughts. I'm not ready for writing here yet. I didn't like where my "honesty" post went at all.

I know what being Catholic means to me. I also see that some people take it to a level with NO accessibility. I need to find that middle ground that works for everybody.

And really I think we all need to do that. I'm not gonna be put off by my loved church just because some people are better than me. But now I understand why some people are. I'd even prefer a Baptist minister preaching fire and brimstone to the academia of the Catholic Church. I can't see being able to do any good just by burying your nose in books.

Well I know someone's gotta. So kudos to the folks that do. But just like Jesus died for our sins so we don't have to. The Priests and Cardinals and such read those books so we don't have to either. And I'm absolutely sure that they do.

They just need to communicate it with us better than they do. Like get a prime time TV show spot on American television. I know I would watch it.

biggrin
Dec 10th 2013 new
Sorry you had to see that, but cute answer none the less. fluffy
Dec 10th 2013 new
I already alluded to this but the fact is at this point we are so hungry for Jesus in America that we are willing to watch stuff like this just for the occasional Christian reference.
Dec 10th 2013 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: Hey Hon this was fun but I'm done. At least for a while. Have to go back to the drawing board and regroup my thoughts. I'm not ready for writing here yet. I didn't like where my "honesty" post went at all.

I know what being Catholic means to me. I also see that some people take it to a level with NO accessibility. I need to find that middle ground that works for everybody.

And really I think we all need to do that. I'm not gonna be put off by my loved church just because some people are better than me. But now I understand why some people are. I'd even prefer a Baptist minister preaching fire and brimstone to the academia of the Catholic Church. I can't see being able to do any good just by burying your nose in books.

Well I know someone's gotta. So kudos to the folks that do. But just like Jesus died for our sins so we don't have to. The Priests and Cardinals and such read those books so we don't have to either. And I'm absolutely sure that they do.

They just need to communicate it with us better than they do. Like get a prime time TV show spot on American television. I know I would watch it.

I don't believe in one person being better than another. We're all sinners here. I wouldn't recommend reading more books to become better than others. I would recommend it to get to know God better. Get to know God better through scripture and through the wisdom of other believers.
Dec 11th 2013 new
Sounds like a plan to me. biggrin

Sweet dreams. angel
Posts 61 - 65 of 65