Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Dec 18th 2013 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Is the Pope talking about the theological end of history or the term used by secular philosophers (Marx, Francis Fukuyama) to describe the highest point of human development? I think the context of paragraphs 59 and 60, which are grouped under the theme No to inequality which spawns violence, suggests he is talking about the latter. Google 'End of history'.

You are much more astute than I, Roystan. Thanks for sharing that!!!

Dec 18th 2013 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Oh, you stop bullying the kid sister or we'll come around and slap your cat.

I don't have a cat, but I am sure the priest will give me my due this Saturday when I go in for confession.

Dec 19th 2013 new
A very good homily. Take heed to what our Holy Father is telling us. He is preparing us for what is happening in this world and what is to come.
Dec 19th 2013 new
So the source of all evil wants us to be happy and peaceful, and those in hell are really on a beach in Miami, sipping drinks out of coconuts with little umbrellas sticking out...

Dec 19th 2013 new
That was a reply to a previous post.

Let's be careful about talk of end times. I'll bet my cat that the end of your life will come before the end of the world, and no one knows when they will die. That should be a much greater impetus to keeping the faith.

After hearing a lot of lay people (mostly "born again" Protestants), I found that the unfortunate thing about focusing on end times is that people tend to fill their hearts with worry and forget the love of Jesus Christ.
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Charley-998972 said: So the source of all evil wants us to be happy and peaceful, and those in hell are really on a beach in Miami, sipping drinks out of coconuts with little umbrellas sticking out...

That was a reply to a previous post.

Let's be careful about talk of end times. I'll bet my cat that the end of your life will come before the end of the world, and no one knows when they will die. That should be a much greater impetus to keeping the faith.

After hearing a lot of lay people (mostly "born again" Protestants), I found that the unfortunate thing about focusing on end times is that people tend to fill their hearts with worry and forget the love of Jesus Christ.

There you go. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this. (I don't think I ever read the manual for my VCR either.)
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Oh, you stop bullying the kid sister or we'll come around and slap your cat.
Be my guest. The cat needs a good slapping around. Wear long sleeves!!
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Is the Pope talking about the theological end of history or the term used by secular philosophers (Marx, Francis Fukuyama) to describe the highest point of human development? I think the context of paragraphs 59 and 60, which are grouped under the theme No to inequality which spawns violence, suggests he is talking about the latter. Google 'End of history'.
It may indeed refer to the secularist proposed "end of history," their attempt to create an end of times on Earth. However, without reading the paragraph myself, I can't answer for sure.
Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Charley-998972 said: I'll bet my cat that the end of your life will come before the end of the world, and no one knows when they will die. That should be a much greater impetus to keeping the faith.

Indeed. Well said! Your cat has a good steward, as we have an awesome Lord.

Welcome to the forums.

Dec 20th 2013 new
thank you sir
Posts 11 - 20 of 20