Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 30th 2013 new
That I don't act my age. They usually assume I'm much younger. They are also surprised at how funny I am and how strong my faith is.
Nov 30th 2013 new
My coworkers are surprised when they find out I'm funny (funny ha-ha, not funny in the head). I guess they either have short memories or they haven't been paying attention the last five years!

Based on the fact that I love wearing pretty dresses, people might also be surprised that I love digging dirt, whether it be shoveling out a new garden plot or maintaining the runoff stream where I live. I am also not afraid to get my hands dirty or get poison ivy, which seem to go hand-in-hand when spending hours and hours each spring pulling garlic mustard.
Nov 30th 2013 new
That I'm still single.
Nov 30th 2013 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: That I'm still single.
Only little children are surprised I am single because, evidently, all adults are married! One of the kindergarteners I teach in RE class told me I am pretty, and my first thought was to ask her if she had a unmarried uncle. laughing
Nov 30th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: People are often surprised that I drive a 6 speed manual. What would surprise people about you?
That I can't swim, though I have lived within a few miles of the Pacific Ocean for nearly my entire life. I guess that is rather surprising :(
Nov 30th 2013 new
That's a pity. There would have been more rejoicing in heaven over one mean bat who repents than over 99 bats who have no need of a behavioural veterinarian. Or sump'n.
Nov 30th 2013 new
(quote) Kerry-1020795 said: That I can't swim, though I have lived within a few miles of the Pacific Ocean for nearly my entire life. I guess that is rather surprising :(
Highly surprising, Kerry, and rather riddle-like. I don't want to get into deep water by asking, but would you care to say more?
Nov 30th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: People are often surprised that I drive a 6 speed manual. What would surprise people about you?
I do too! And had to go to great lengths to find a 2013 Honda Fit stick shift - they are no longer plentiful!
Nov 30th 2013 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: That's a pity. There would have been more rejoicing in heaven over one mean bat who repents than over 99 bats who have no need of a behavioural veterinarian. Or sump'n.
Hello over there, Roystan. At first your post seemed like a nonsequitur, but than I realized you were referring to Marge's joking about being a "mean old bat." And by the way, why don't you have a photo?
Nov 30th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: Highly surprising, Kerry, and rather riddle-like. I don't want to get into deep water by asking, but would you care to say more?
My eyesight is very bad and I've had wear thick glasses since I was a little kid. I understood long ago that swimming would entail terrifying periods of near blindness and the idea was not appealing.
Posts 21 - 30 of 194