Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 12th 2013 new
Sorry for bombarding you like this. Your thoughts just really got me thinking. Now looking at the single man and woman who are not chaste.

The single woman does it because she can (Any day, any hour and any minute she can!)

The single man does it cause he is unfulfilled (Every day, every hour and every minute...lonely)

Now granted within the order of Catholic living what I described is not the case but I assure you in the outside world it absolutely is.
Dec 12th 2013 new
Eric really ? A woman just does it because she can? Utter nonsense. OK , I'll give a little for those who participate in the oldest trade in the world, but other than that, I have to ask you, Do you harbor total resentment for all of my sisters on earth ? You keep repeating a woman did this to me a woman did that to me , their all harlots etc. The only common thing in your posts is YOU ! If you're so obsessed with what the secular world is doing, go ahead and jump into the fray. You seem to know so much about it. I can only say that you may have a serious problem with how you see the world, and how you interpret it. You wonder why you have to live your life on the fringe? It's all imaginary self imposed exile where you like to say woe is me and take out your issues on women simply because you appear to only have an infantile understanding of them. You think in small circles about adults in general, and you blame all of your observations and reiterated problems on we Catholics and the Dogma of the Church. To live in faith, you're either all in, or not at all. The descriptions you give about your supposed conquests to me are pure fiction. Do yourself a favor, go on a secular site and live out your wildest dreams, then when and if you are serious about living life as a TRUE Catholic, come on back, I'll be the first to greet you. Remember, there will be more joy in Heaven when one sinner repents and is allowed in Heaven compared to ten righteous ones.
Dec 12th 2013 new
(quote) Gilbert-994253 said: Eric really ? A woman just does it because she can? Utter nonsense. OK , I'll give a little for those who participate in the oldest trade in the world, but other than that, I have to ask you, Do you harbor total resentment for all of my sisters on earth ? You keep repeating a woman did this to me a woman did that to me , their all harlots etc. The only common thing in your posts is YOU ! If you're so obsessed with what the secular world is doing, go ahead and jump into the fray. You seem to know so much about it. I can only say that you may have a serious problem with how you see the world, and how you interpret it. You wonder why you have to live your life on the fringe? It's all imaginary self imposed exile where you like to say woe is me and take out your issues on women simply because you appear to only have an infantile understanding of them. You think in small circles about adults in general, and you blame all of your observations and reiterated problems on we Catholics and the Dogma of the Church. To live in faith, you're either all in, or not at all. The descriptions you give about your supposed conquests to me are pure fiction. Do yourself a favor, go on a secular site and live out your wildest dreams, then when and if you are serious about living life as a TRUE Catholic, come on back, I'll be the first to greet you. Remember, there will be more joy in Heaven when one sinner repents and is allowed in Heaven compared to ten righteous ones.
Thank you, Gilbert, for saying what I didn't have the guts to say.
Dec 12th 2013 new
You get an email because I agree this has become pretty infantile and again in this case I don't blame me.

tongue

Dec 12th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: Thank you, Gilbert, for saying what I didn't have the guts to say.
Well someone did say that women operate on "emotion" and men on "logic". I understand you could not argue with mine. Sorry if I hurt your feelings but the truth does hurt sometimes.

By the way I'm pretty sure I read "emotion" is a sin when it gets in the way of "logic". rose
Dec 12th 2013 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: It was for certain states such as Florida if I remember but who would be surprised by that. What they added was that the numbers are skewed because men are more likely to walk away from the marriage if their wife cheats than vice versa. Though at the same time I think you are giving women too much credit for being the better of the s!xes. I know I have been cheated on more than I have cheated (if I have ever) in relationships (I have not been married). Again I am willing to give mitigating circumstances to these women cause I work every and all weekend.

So you might as well pin the "keeping the Sabbath day holy" on me also. 99.9% sure the child was not mine. I was told later by her friend that the married guy couldn't afford the abortion (and couldn't tell his wife) so she pinned that on me. Pin another one on women please. Also that you girls have eyes like a hawk for noticing the one occasion when I said I hate women (as well as the quote that I was married that I took from someone else).

Thanks I guess for caring.

I did live out of the house for a while. I am living with my Mother now. Don't plan to leave since we lost my Father. Though the seperation of the classes is undeniable. With teachers making six figures in Chicago. Nurses are doing phenomenally also. Though I didn't vote for Obama. I did go to college. And I often wonder what powers allowed this to happen. I can't see how a teacher or nurse is making 3 and 4 times more money than me. So the taste in my mouth is far from sweet. Don't even get me started on the quality of women I am meeting and dating.

Crack whxxes. Really! Prostitutes. And I wasn't even buying! Baby mamas. Well I guess my taxes are paying for them. Though again I'd much rather see the church taking care of them.

Right now if a girl gets pregnant out of wedlock they are told not to marry the father. It's a part of popular culture. So there are millions of them out there. I would give more to church to take care of them. It shouldn't be done by the government.

Cause when the government does it. Well it just encourages them to do it again and again. By trying to return to the church I am acknowledging I was part of the problem. Wondering when will this ever end. Will we really be punished to the third and fourth generation?

I'm just saying that the last thing we need right now is a liberal president. Cause being liberal looks ugly on women. How can we come together when we have this much resent?

So this is to the extent that I dislike women. My mother was none of the above. So I've gotta put my nose up at your suggestion.

There is an ounce of truth to what you say and I can attest to this only because I have experienced it myself. My former spouse's current live in girlfriend is an illegal immigrant collecting government assistance, of every kind imaginable. I have no idea how she is able to do this (has to be illegal), but she is. He makes a 6 figure income, yet she gets food stamps; go figure. They "have" 4 vehicles between the two of them (I have to share vehicles with my 4 college student kids) and live in a new 2400+ square foot house that his father bought for him. I live in a 50 year old house that is 1600 square feet with 4 college student kids and two large dogs. In just about any other state he would have to provide some sort of financial assistance to his undergraduate student children, but not in Arizona. And since I am such a highly paid teacher (cough-cough) he doesn't pay a dime in spousal support. Of course he doesn't give his kids the time of day, much less a dime. So I am aware of the fact that it is a financial benefit for women to remain single and mooch off taxpayers while living with a well paid man; however at the end of the day we all know what goes around comes around.
Dec 12th 2013 new
I am completely ashamed of some of the directions this post has gone in. Please stop commenting here. This whole thing needs to fall off the face of the earth.

Thank you! ashamed

rosary
Posts 171 - 177 of 177